9.0.2 Discussion

Any luck with your H96 Pro+ and Bluetooth remote? Thanks.

Still searching. The problem seems to be the hci UART connection to the external BT module.

Could somebody with a DVB tuner and preferably an ODROID C2 please check this? I can’t imagine I’m the only one affected :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Ah ok. Is it easy to downgrade to 9.0.1 again in the mean time?

Just drop the 9.0.1 tar in the update folder and reboot.

Please try tomorrow the next nightly. I fixed a communication problem with the external bluetooth module.
Now BT is enabled every time on reboot/power up for me if BT is enabled in CE settings.

1 Like

Hello rmm… I confirm this. The problem appaers also on ip stream on replay tv. I thought last nightly builds were better but i finally revert back to 9.0.1 on my two c2s

@Meeuuh92: Thank you for the confirmation. I’m “glad” it’s not only me. Is 9.0.1 also affected, or that’s why you returned to it?

Could you try enable debug, reproduce problem and send here pastebin URL to log? I cant test it unfortunatelly :frowning:

No, on 9.0.1 Video playback work as bebore (very well).

The download helper tells us to copy the .tar file into the .update folder but I can’t find any .update folder on my Sd Card…or should I just create it?

Using your PC you can access you box with file explorer using \\your.box.ip and you’ll find the update folder.

1 Like

Mine shows up no problem in File Explorer -> Network so I just click on it there, saves some hassle especially since the IP can change being on DHCP.

Also can use the box name for SSH from Windows, for example the netbios name (computer name) for my box is “odroid” so I can just do “ssh root@odroid” rather than “ssh root@its_IP_address”. Again saves the trouble of dealing with a dynamic IP. Thanks go to Windows netbios over TCP/IP in providing that function.

Its better to allocate fixed IP addresses to your media boxes. This is an easy setting in Coreelec settings addon under Internet interfaces. This is especially true if you are running a TVheadend server for remote boxes.

Shoog

I used to put fixed IP addresses on my devices, got to be too much of a hassle since everything uses DHCP out of the box. Plus I have to use it for mobility on the laptop computers so I just don’t fight it anymore.

First thing I do when a new device arrives is to set an IP on my router. It’s a one-off 30 second process - until I change router. You can do that in DHCP settings on most (not all) routers.
Doing it that way there’s no problem taking something outside the LAN.

Yeah no problem it’s an easy thing to do and I did, added a network printer the other day where I needed a fixed IP so I just reserved all of the devices through the router. Still I’ll probably forget which IP goes with which device a week from now.

Set the DHCP pool start IP from x.x.x.100.
Then add your server devices a static IP below x.x.x.100.

@JimmyS sorry for the delay. Here is my debug log: http://ix.io/1Lff

I was having another issue with 9.0.2 where it was losing audio sync and causing the video to stop playing. I rolled back to 9.0.1 and it’s resolved.

EDIT: Seems like I’m still can’t pair back on 9.0.1. Getting Bluetooth dbus_error_handler: operation not permitted. I’ll try your nightly version update to see if that fixes it. Hopefully I don’t get the video drop error back

EDIT2: Nope, the drop out of the video is back in the nightly.
Read - Error( -1.103. Software caused connection abort
Got MSGO_ABORT or MSGO_IS_ERROR return True
What’s the difference between the CoreELEC-Amlogic and Amlogic-ng versions?