9.2.0 Discussion

I installed the 9.2.0 version and now PVR Simple Client doesn’t start. For start it I need to go to setting, and update de add-on all the time to get it works. X96 Mini 2G/16G S905W

• added WiFi driver for RTL8822BS

@afl1
Hello, according to this commit, the driver added for Amlogic-ng image only.
I have S905X box with the same wifi module.
Assuming I can’t use -ng image, could the driver be added to normal image also?
Thanks.

MeCool BB2 2GB.

Like everyone else, Bluetooth problem. I can see the MAC addresses of some devices, but with no proper names (only one of my two Shields appears as SHIELD 1). I can no longer pair any devices and my Harmony Hub doesn’t show up at all. I tried updating to the 919 nightly after the official release, same problem.

I also had a spare BT 3.0 dongle lying around, plugged it in and all my BT devices showed up and paired properly. Odd. Must be something specific to MeCool devices as 9.0.3 worked fine with the internal BT. I think I was having similar BT problems with old LibreElec builds before I moved to Coreelec.

CHi, I installed 9.2.0 on odroid c2 from scratch, my PVR Simple Client no longer loads the channels I have loading forever, on previous version it works

Hi. Is there any available tip to go into sleep mode instead of shut down with coreelec on a S912 and a S905X ?

You need to enable sleep mode and after you can use it

P.S.: Use search icon, it can find answer on your question :wink:

1 Like

I have the same problem on my X96 mini S905W.

@marco @STK_Carlos pvr.iptvsimple package was bumped to the latest source available.
We noticed that it’s slower, but I guess that “how much slower” it is for you will depend on the EPG you are using and the SoC you have.
There’s not much we can do about upsream issues.

Already tried it with no success on both boxes…
That’s why I ask for functional way.

It appears that my tvheadend isn’t working. I had a newer 4.3 1774 installed, as it had fixes that I need. Is it possible to get a compiler version of this for wp2. Currently running, I get an error saying shared library libssl.so.1.0.0 not found

You can try from this repository that has a working tvh 4.3 in the 9.2 CoreELEC branch.

https://addons.tnds82.xyz/.tnds82

It’s from the user @tnds82

Ok, thanks, I installed pvr.simpleclient 3.7.2 version in CoreELEC 9.2.0 for fast EPG load. I have my own EPG with 130 channels and 3 days to show and the time to charge in pvr.simpleclient 3.8.1 version It’s about 90-120 secs. X96 Mini 2/16GB S905W. With 3.7.2 version of IPTV Simple Client the time to charge the EPG is only 5 secs. I disabled the auto-update for pvr.simpleclient and using pvr.simpleclient 3.7.2

@vpeter found the problem and opened a PR to pvr.iptvsimple repo. Once it’s accepted and merged, we’ll bump it again in CE.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Khadas VIM3, “green” screen and “installtoemmc”

I tried the rpi4 version and it appears to have worked. If it fails I’ll try these. Thanks

copy the libssl.so.1.0.0 and libcrypto.so.1.0.0 files to the “~/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend43/lib/” folder
lib.zip

quick question, i have all my boxes at 9.0.3 running on internal, I should be able to update to 9.2.0 via .tar right? eventhough it’s not supported.

Yes, it should work fine.

I have installed Corelec 9.2 on Yoka Bb2 (clone of Mecool BB2), wifi e Bluetooth works very well, but not recognize wired connection. On Mecool BB2 pro wired connection works well and hardware is the same, wired 1 gb.
Thanks in advance

Hello, I’m working with Android 9 S905X firmware for my employer.
I see it has 4.9.113 kernel.
I wonder if we can try to run Amlogic-ng CE with new kernel on S905X easily, if not what is needed?
I’m ready to help in porting if time and my skill permits