9.2.1 Discussion

I’ve got an X96 mini with coreELEC installed successfully but no ssh access.
I’ve tried turning the ssh option on and off, with and without password etc.
Scanning the X96’s ports, all kodi-relevant ports are open, just not port 22.

I should mention that this is my 2nd X96 mini, with the first having ssh working from a couple of versions ago, upgraded to 9.2.1 without issues and SSH kept working properly, and I’ve got a fake MXQ pro 4K that’s the same in regards to the upgrade, SSH access etc.

I don’t think I’m doing anything wrong as installation is pretty straightforward and everything else that I use works great.
Any ideas?

Check Subnet Mask in CE Addon Connections.
It should be 255.255.255.0
If it is that is not the issue.
you will have to do a Hard Reset in CoreELEC settings addon.
You then enable SSH in the Wizard Setup .
Should work.

Just finished mapping keys etc for remote on my Ugoos AM6 (first time I’ve done it). Hope to get to my “T95Z Plus” next. I tried to avoid following the mapping via SSH; but now that I’ve done it I wonder why I waited. Just take your time and read the notes. Let us know how you go.

Kodi 18.6 is out, will a v9.2.2 be released using that?

Kodi 18.6 will be in tomorrow nightly build.
After testing and some time it will be in next stable release.
And please don’t ask about date.

2 Likes

Hi, if you have any remote files for your device, please can you upload them so they can be shared.

I have 9.2.1 installed on two separate boxes (Odroid N2 and MeCool BB2) and noticed there was no 720p 23.98, 24, 29.97 and 30Hz support even though Kodi on a Shield on the same TV supports those resolution/refresh rates.

Is that a limitation of the hardware or something else?

Can you ssh into the device and run the following and post the url it outputs.

dispinfo

This will collect display related debug info, and uploads it to a pastebin for easy access, so that we can see what is happening, since this is the first time I have seen anybody mention 720p not working.

720p does work, just not those specific refresh rates (even though Kodi on the same TV on my Shield supports it).

Coreelec on both S912 and S922 boxes only output 720p 50, 59 and 60Hz while Kodi on the Shield supports those as well as the refresh rates I listed on the same TV (Sony 65XBR900E).

That’s why I’m wondering if it’s a limitation of the hardware or Coreelec itself?

The release notes for 18.6 have this line:

Support for DolbyVision streams via addons

Does this in any way get us closer to DolbyVision support on the N2?

Not particularly as devices need a license to use Dolby Vision, and currently N2 is not one of those devices. However, Ugoos AM6 Plus is an Amlogic S922X-J device which supports Dolby Vision (Soure). I would not hold my breath waiting for Dolby Vision as it is not open source and therefore challenging to support concerning legal issues and licensing.

1 Like

Hi! I have a h96 max x2 tv box and with 9.2.1 suspend mode isn’t working…when I choose suspend it reboots from the start. I had to revert it to 9.2.0…is there any solution to that?

The ‘suspend’ mode on a PC is fine because it allows you to boot with all the applications that were open. On a CoreELEC device I find it somewhat unnecessary, if CoreELEC works as a server then 24/7 operation with a daily automatic restart is better, if CoreELEC works as simple Kodi I think that the ‘suspend’ mode does not offer any advantage.

Still i prefer suspend option. As there is bug/feature that turning on TV forcing turning on box. Despite CEC is on or off. So suspend is ideal feature as i want to use CE so i just change source which wake up box. Its much much simplier then booting. IMO of corse.

yes I totally agree with you! that’s why I want to know what’s causing it to reboot and not suspending!

Hi. Thank you for working on Coreelec which is something wonderful for me. I have A95X F3 AIR 4gb amlogic s905x3. The device with the CoreElec night version works quite well. The main problems I discovered are broken bluetooth and the most important problem is the lack of sound right after starting because the device selects the analog output. Switching to the HDMI output restores the sound but doing it every time you start it is tedious. Thank you for help and any tips.

Yopur post is offtopic here.
With BT problem try here:

Hi, CE team!
9.2.1 stable showed green screen with the SC V5, both ‘use_rgb_to_yuv=0/1’ got the same results.
It is the hardware or software issue?

Closing due to 9.2.2 release, further discussion here .