9.2.2 Discussion

You are almost right. But there is an issue in HBO GO and Android. HBO GO works only on WiFi. While Android is wired HBO GO doesnt see internet connection. So i mostly use WiFi. But i tested WOL waking up. It doesnt work with wifi. So i would like to use wire for waking up (which is not working at all for awhile. :slight_smile:

All corner cases cannot be accounted for. The behaviour is right for 99.9% of use cases.

Personnally I leave my boxes on 100% of the time and the electrical usage is negligable. However wake on CEC or IR is working well for most people when setup correctly. IR on/off on my x96air works great.

Shoog

Well, i had all options all. Just tested with some features on/off if CEC starts working. No success. So propably i left one of last try with one option off.

Now i did as You adviced. So after booting (disabled stream path) CEC is not working again. I changed (i use RF remote) all options to ON. I did 3 tests.

1. Restarted twice.
  2. Shutting down twice and start.
  3. Ofc waking up not working as well. Hard reboot.

Still CEC not working, as well as waking up using CEC. Here is paste with all options ON:
http://ix.io/2igk

Propably CEC will start working in a few starts. It usually does. :slight_smile:

EDIT.
4th start. Change source and back (AV->TV->AV), and CEC is working now againā€¦

I agree with You with 100% now. Its corner case. I just mentioned, not complain. :slight_smile: Sorry for my bad communications skill. Im not english native.
I would use my box 100% of time on, but its getting warm. Im afraid about really hot days. For now sleep/wake should solve my fears. :slight_smile:

You bought the wrong box, my N2 is cold as ice :smiley:

1 Like

I bought 50 EUR box. With optical input. I think i bought proper one. :slight_smile:

A lot of these boxes are inadequately cooled as standard. They really benefit from some thermal modding. Mine would run at over 70C if I hadnā€™t improved the heatsink and added a lazy fan - now it sits at 50C with all settings maxed out for performance. There is a good thread on thermal modding.

Shoog

OT
You mean 50C on box case or on chipset? My box case is warmer then my hand, but it doesnt hurts. So i think up to 45C.
EOT

Whatā€™s warm ?
Itā€™s not hot.

ssh into the box and issue command.

cputemp

35 minutes or beeing on and doing nothing else:
46 C.

Where are you from ? There is an HBO_Go EU addon for Kodi, which works perfectly on CoreElec/Kodi with 1080p hardware decoding. This version doesnā€™t care about what internet connection is used.

Yeah, i know. I have it installed. But its UX is from XX century. It is not user friendly enough for my wife. We are from analog era. :slight_smile:

UX depends on what Kodi skin you are using, but Iā€™d rather teach my wife to use such an interface, than run the abominable Android version :joy:

Its not like my wife is unable to learn old school interfaces. This UX is just unconvenient. There is ATV version of Android which uses not pointer way of remoting. Just classic navigation. Its much more usable. We are a bit older and we like comfortable clothes. :slight_smile:

Lest finish this off top. As we litter this thread. I think some post are ready to be deleted. :slight_smile:

Agreeā€¦, just to mention one more thing, I donā€™t use pointer navigation in CoreElec/Kodi in any way, all classic navigation via remote control & keyboard.

Hi. Iā€™ve updated my Magicsee N5 Max to 9.2.2 without any problems (on internal MMC). I am no longer able to use custom resolution
in /storage/.kodi/userdata/disp_add though. Switching to 2560x1440p60hz results in familiar display glitch:

ce-glitch

Thank you for your support!

Got two of my boxes updated from 9.2.1

I had to swap the DTB over to being the s905x2 4gb 100mb, but apart from the blank screen looking at me until i did this its all good.

Much quicker, much smoother.

The refresh rate defaults to 59.94 after every reboot even though I chose 60. On 9.2.1 it stayed at 60 after rebooting. Is this expected?

thanks for support to s905x3 with this stable release, great team!!!

1 Like

@Portisch
Should i give any additional info?