9.2.3 Discussion

Are there any known fixes?

We planning to have a new stable released very soon.

1 Like

As I have auto-update enabled, will the stable release be automatically installed or will I need to download it to a flash drive and reflash my TV box?

Your device will be auto-updated about 24 hours after we released the next stable.
If you would like to use Kodi 18.8 right now, you could upgrade to the most recent nightly version of CE, which already includes it.

How do I do that?

Just download the update tarball suitable for your device (Amlogic/Amlogic-ng), put it into /storage/.update/ and reboot your device.
https://relkai.coreelec.org

But seriouslyā€¦best is to just wait for the upcoming stable release, which should be released shortly.

Understood. Thanks for your advice. :slight_smile:

Are you serious? Why not just undo the change that caused this issue. CoreELEC is useless to me due to this at the moment

Yes, I am serious. Itā€™s working now for more people than before. So a revert will make it more bad again.

Feel free to navigate to https://www.videolan.org/developers/libdvdnav.html and find someone who is able to fix it. ffmpeg does detect the wrong fps as still frames & videos are combined into one VOB file. When this get solved the real frame rate can be detected and the issue is fixed. ffmpeg does only analyse the first part of the VOB. When itā€™s still frames the fps is 0 and all videos do have wrong fps and the hardware decoder is not able to handle videos with fps of 0.

But CE is only useless for You and useful for 99% of CE users, what do Yoe expect ?

I have CE test running on 5 different mainstream boxes from 5 different manufactures, none of them officially supported by CE. Each box (even the S905X running CE-ng) is working fine, meaning all hardware is properly detected and functions within manufacturers specifications.

Not even two months ago, only one of those boxes was able to run CE.

I am siding of the devs here, lets keep moving forward.

Boot CE 9.2.3.95 -ng from Micro SD Card on non -ng devices:

• NexBox A95X-B7N (S905X 1/8 100MB) > Success. No problems noted.
  • TaNiX TX3 Mini-H (S905W 2/16 100Mb) > Success. No problems noted.
  • TaNiX TX3 MAX (S905W 2/16 100Mb) > Success. No problems noted.
    For those who want it, hereā€™s the vfd.conf (1.1 KB).
1 Like

Can you please check Suspend.

Myself and devs have had no success with suspend on this box.
It reboots.

I currently use a Android 7.1 image on the TX3 mini.
Power OFF and reboot is working.
Suspend is not, it just resume.

I guess there is no image available with Android 8 or 9?

We have seen this yesterday that like on Kahads VIM1 suspend was not working like on the TX3 mini. the reason was a ā€œoldā€ Android image.

EDIT:
I just found a 8.1.0 Android image. But it include the old bootloader from the 7.1 image. So no change on power options.

Iā€™m on it.

It will not work, also not after bl301 injection. inject_bl301 will need a update to get suspend working on this ā€œoldā€ devices.

I successful tested it today already on the TX3 mini and I think it will be ready tomorrow.

Confirmed, suspend doesnā€™t do much and injecting the bl301 blob does even less on the TX3. Same for the NexBox A95X-B7N.

Sorry guys, I never use suspend so I didnā€™t bother even looking at it.

Oh, so this isnā€™t a CoreELEC issue, itā€™s a ffmpeg issue? That makes more sense then, however could I just put the old ffmpeg version into my CoreELEC install?

Revert this commit:

It will break other DVDs but fix yours.