9.2.4.2 Discussion

You are free to use whatever you want. If it works for you the better.

I am just mentioning that using only ONE resolution through dispcap is wrong. If you only watch live TV that is Interlaced and you need 50Hz only it might luckily work for you. If you don’t bother about jitters with 23.976 fps videos.

I was just pointing out the redundancy of the first two commands and the problems of the 3rd.

1 Like

Updating the Android Firmware should have no bearing at all on the CoreELEC operation - I’ve tried to explain this to you multiple times, these are separate operating systems and you are booting one or the other.

I’m running both 0.3.7 and 9.2.4.2 and have no issues on my AM6 Pro

You should look to your display and player settings

Does your GUI look to be scaled properly? It is only when playing actual videos that it appears to be wrong perspective?

There is only one version of 9.2.4.2

That says the fundamental resolution is wrong - check under display settings (Settings → System → Display)
Change the resolution to match your display
Then if necessary make final adjustment to fit to screen by the ‘video calibration’

First power on your TV and then power on your device, if not, you get a green screen or not signal. This bug is on 4.9 Kernel in some GXL Devices (included x96 mini)
4.9 Kernel It’s experimental on GLX devices. You can use 3.14 kernel instead (not Amlogic-ng image)

Hello everyone, thank you so much for your work I use coreelec for years with ODROID-C2 and enjoy it. I had auto update on and now with 9.2.4.2 Remote Kodi doesn’t work anymore. I can successfully ping the ip though. I read that I must enable web server to allow control over http but I can’t find it in services menu. I read all messages of this thread but I don’t know what you are talking about excuse my ignorance but please someone could help me? Many thanx, cheers :grin:

probably a general problem not specific to this version - usb resume problem with dvb tuners - just documenting that it still happens:
https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/usb-dvb-tuners-and-odroid-n2/4903/73

Go to Settings → Services. At the bottom cogwheel choose “Expert” and then under “Control” you should have “Web Server” settings, an all other needed to get the remote to work.

from How to configure Kodi for Remote Control access

1 Like
  1. Check resolution of your TV is checked under Video.
  2. Reboot a couple of times from power off.

Indeed, it was due to the system resolution being incorrect. I discovered it by accident last night because I had never considered checking out the System settings. It was set to 720x576i whereas previously it was set to 1920x1080p. You say it cannot change by itself and that tends to make sense yet I never made any changes to the System settings and it only switched after having updated the firmware.

Edit: Thinking back to when I updated the firmware, I remember that after the update the box booted into Android even though the SD card was inserted and then I recalled you telling me to repeat the recovery process after each firmware update. Could it be that which changed the resolution?

I don’t know what the difference between 1080i and 1080p is however, whenever I turn on the projector it shows 1920x1080p as a kind of badge in the top left corner. This disappears as soon as it receives a signal.

Another thing that’s bothering me is the refresh rate which is set at 50Hz. I understand that is correct for American users (NTSC) but as a European user (PAL), shouldn’t I have that set to 60Hz?

Wanna bet? :wink:

There is only 1 Version of 9.2.4.2
You are installing 9.2.4.2 on an Ugoos AM6 S922x which uses Arm NG image of 9.2.4.2

You fresh install with a img.gz
Or update with a .tar

Understood but I don’t need to anymore because the resolution issue is solved.

Just a quick question as a forum search does not find an answer to my question. I have a new X96 Max+ 4/64GB SS905X3 box running the new -ng firmware V 9.2.4.2. I am using the generic device tree sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb which seems to be working just fine but I also see device tree file sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit_slowsdio.dtb Can anyone tell me which boxes this slowsdio device tree file is for and would it be better for my X96Max+ 4GB box or not ?? Not tried it yet but anyway if it even worked it would take me a lot of testing to find if it was working any better than the default version I am using?? Thanks for all the good work this -ng firmware is workign so very well.

If it’s working it’s fine. You would notice if you needed the slowsdio one.

Minix U9h and Odroid N2
Sorry,
Playback is getting wurst with every update
Have tried 9.2.4.2 on both!!! Micro stutters with 1080P and below (H264 and HEVC)
Don’t mind staying on 9.2.2
There is that update message again every time

Where are the logs ?
Sample files - maybee some file are bad encodet
I´m running 9.2.4.2 @N2 and it works fine

Did You try a fresh install ?

I have tryed a fresh install and also online up and downgrade several times
CTRL + Shift + O give no errors (0 skips etc.)
Files are fine
Back on 9.2.2 now
Used them on Minix U9h and Odroid N2 and they are all good till version 9.2.3
Also fine on Vero 4k+ (osmc)
Version 9.2.2 is good but these update messages every time…

As it was said by Tim we need the samples to repeat your issue and check that is wrong.
Without samples we couldn’t repeat your stutters.

It is the other way around: 50Hz is PAL and 60Hz is NTSC.
Your TV is probably capable to display both (50Hz/60Hz) and it shouldn’t matter which one you select, because with the right settings your TV will automatically change the refresh rate based on the video source.

But I would use a refresh rate, that better fits to your usual video streams.
For example, almost all of the DVB-C channels in my country are being broadcasted with 25Hz. So I did choose 50Hz for my GUI refresh rate, because my TV doesn’t need to switch to this refresh rate anymore when starting LiveTV.

Thanks for that info. So I leave it as is for my X96 Max+ 4/64GB box. Must say this box so far seems very good indeed with the -ng build :slight_smile: and the price of this box is incrfedibl low for such a high spec device.