9.2.5 Discussion

Snap… lol

Matt

1 Like

The only off topic question.
I have Magicsee N5 Nova(RK3318 4g/64g) also.
Pity I can’t find any RK CPUs support here :disappointed_relieved:
Can anyone help me?
Any advice are welcomed except “throw it away”.
Thanx and sorry for offtop guys.

CoreELEC is Amlogic platform only. Try your luck with LibreELEC

Thanx but I tryed this before. RK3328 only there.
Luck is not with me this time too.

I would like to just report that I had video lagging issue with this version 9.2.5 on Odroid N2. During play backing of a Netflix video it was lagging from time to time. When I had a look at the process info, the CPU #2-#5 were at the top. See it on screenshot

After lot of investigation I finally installed the previous version 9.2.4.2 and the issue was gone. No lagging and the CPU #2-#5 were on its half. I played back the same video and did the screenshot at the same point of time (7:05) .

You uploaded the same screenshot twice?

Late night editing :). I have upload the correct screenshot.

The same issue on s905x3. With CE 9.2.4.2 works. With 9.2.5 - lags

1 Like

Don’t know what is your problem, just to mention that on my N2 all Netflix streams play with the same CPU load on 9.2.5 as they did on 9.2.4.2.

Have you tried switching the CPU governor in CE advanced settings?

1 Like

Interesting is season 3 of the Lucifer series uses just 2852kb/s.

With that the 9.2.5 had no issue at all. But the season 4 uses 7039kb/s bandwidth which was obviously too much for this build for what ever reason. It seems that it did not happen to me as @tomasiek reported the same issue.

Tell me on which episode, and at what time you have problems, so I can check on my N2.

Btw, 2852kb/s and 7039kb/s you mention is the average bitrate. Since NF streams are reproduced at variable bitrate look at the present value, like on my screenshots:

I tried Lucifer S4E1 tonight, and although the SS were taken while current bitrate was higher than average, the stream played perfectly without any frame drops/skips or loosing audio sync:

Actually my troubles were in episode S404 in minute 7:05. This I could reproduce several times. Now (with 9.2.4.2.) I do not have any issue in this particular episode. But last night I had a problem in another episode, but this morning no issue at all. So it is strange to me what could be the reason. I’m totally confused. Any idea?

Here is my environment:
InputStream Helper: 0.5.1
InputStream Adaptive 2.4.6.1
Widevine CDM: 4.10.1679.0 installed on 2020-11-07 22:39, extracted from Chrome OS image MICKEY version 13421.73.0
Netflix 1.11.0

BTW @Sholander you have better Player process info than I’m using especially the upper part with actual bandwidth speed. What is it?

OK, will try tonight S04E04 to see how it works for me on my 200/100 fiber link. The temporary problems you experience are most probably due to network link congestion to Netflix servers. If it was a hardware/software problem it would be present all the time. Netflix usually has congestion problems in evenings/prime time period.

I have the same software versions.

For Player process info I use a modified “DialogPlayerProcessInfo.xml” in original Estuary skin. On my screen shots the upper part is another overlay, called “Player Debug Info” that you can use along with Player process info. To display it press Ctrl + Shift + o on a keyboard see here paragraph 7.

Greetings to all.I just wonder if it is possible to edit my microSD card(already runs CE),so to place it on my new upcoming X88 king so Coreelec to work.My current device is Vorke Z6.Thanks in advance!

Safer to make a backup of present working installation, then make a fresh installation on new box and restore saved backup. This always works for me…

2 Likes

Same advice here. A fresh install with a fully populated backup recovery has made setting up three boxes a breeze.

Shoog

1 Like

Anybody have the same issue?

System stucks when a video started on top of a playing iptv stream via Yatse(same with Kodi remote).
Steps to reproduce:

1. Play an iptv stream via IPTV Simple
  2. Send any type of online HD video via Yatse

System will stuck at buffering logo and become unresponsive.

It started way back from 9.2.1. Same for Nightlies. NG builds work fine.

My device is Tanix TX5 Pro

Logs attached, please help.
kodi.old.log.zip (1.7 MB)

Have anyone got option to install interface languge other than English? Is this function broken?