9.2.5 Discussion

@Betatester I purchased an Asus BT400 from Amazon - it worked correctly out of the box.

Is there a max size for the micro SD card on the A95X-B7N?

Regardless, I can’t get -ng version to be boot on my box; I get the splash screen and then a reboot after a minute (rinse and repeat).

Andrew

Can I get an answer to this please. Vascobraga, I can’t provide those logs without knowing which options to select.

Hi,

I can not install -ng version on Mecool KII Pro.
I get only splash screen Mecool and then black screen. I use dtb file: gxl_p231_2g_dvb
Anybody to help me about install process or proper file?

Could you just follow the instructions in the link I gave and post here the URL you got? Please note that it’s case sensitive

That link only tells you how to upload the logs. It makes no mention of the options you need to enable in order to produce those logs.

If there was just one option, it would have been a no-brainer but there are at least 3.

@AndyInNYC Can you tell me what version of Android is running on that device, because except for a suspend issue, I have the latest nightly -ng running just fine on mine.

Follow the steps to provide the kodi log. Don’t overthink it. After that we’ll see what’s necessary

So, you are saying I do not need to activate any of the logging options. All that’s required is to activate the option to upload the log?

I’m assuming the log you receive will only show whether an event has happened and, as the last time I went through the long process of trying to get it to scan, it eventually did, what if there’s no event?

Let’s do this step by step. You can enable debug logging with no specific component. Try to scan the library and then follow the steps in the link and put the link you receive here. It’s simple.

Ok. I will do that. First I will need to add new content or there won’t be anything to scan. :wink:

Thanks for the clarification.

@Betatester, it’s the original 6.x android that came with the box. I’d love to upgrade, but I can’t figure out how to use the Amlogic BootCard Maker (?) software with the .rar file I downloaded. All directions say to use a .zip and to leave the files in the compressed file.

The firmware file that I found is NEXBOX-A95X_S905X_7.1_8189_8g1g_171118preview_SD_USB.rar

The .rar file contains:

u-boot.bin.sd.bin
aml_sdc_burn.ini
aml_upgrade_package.img

What should I do to upgrade (or what other file should I use)?

Andrew

With Android there are upgrade images and then their are full images. An upgrade image only consists of changes from the previous versions so cannot be used unless you have it on stock firmware.
The full images are much more difficult to locate than the upgrade images since they are not generally released to the public so any that are out there are strictly unofficial.

Shoog

@AndyInNYC That makes complete sense now. Just like you, I was unable to run CE -ng on the Nexbox A95X-B7N with the original Android firmware 6 image.

Please ensure you SoC is listed as S905X (not S905, which is a device that looks identical but only can boot the Android 6 firmware image), and be aware that the only way to recover from bricking your device by upgrading to this firmware is by using the Amlogic USB Burning Tool and a USB patch cable.

If your device has the S905X SoC, I can pm you a link to my cloud backup of the official Android 7.2.1 firmware image I use on my device, together with instructions on how to perform the firmware upgrade.

Here’s the log: http://ix.io/2LtZ

A quick rundown on the problems encountered in last night’s session, which hopefully you may be able to identify in these logs:

1. the library still will not update. A window to update opens and instantly closes.

2. scanning for content is possible but only on a manual one-by-one basis. It is not possible to scan an entire drive.

3. when content is downloaded, the folder image remains blank. If you open the folder to view the movie, then you can see what was downloaded. This only happens in CoreElec. If I scan in Android, the folder image is displayed. Incidentally, in both CoreElec and Android I am using the default Estuary skin so theoretically they should look identical.

4. audio is only playing on the front speakers. Before I reinstalled CoreElec, it was playing on all 6 speakers so it looks like I have not configured this latest build correctly.

I read on the Kodi community forum that several people were encountering the same problem although they are not using CoreElec. A Kodi team member told someone to “setup HDMI for 2.0 channels and Wasapi and audio pass-through [expert mode] ensure both listings are toggled.” I have not attempted that because I don’t know what Wasapi is? In any event, the guy that had received this suggestion reported back that if he exited Kodi and used the default media player, all his movies played in 5.1 surround sound (I haven’t tried that because I was in CoreElec).

As you should see in my logs, at the moment I have HDMI set to 5.1 and have enabled passthrough. Most of my content is AC3 but that option is greyed-out in CoreElec’s audio settings. I’m not sure whether that means it is enabled by default or unavailable? Sync Playback to Display is disabled.

Edit: I tried setting HDMI to 2.0 which allowed me access to the AC3 settings. After enabling both of those sound is now coming from all 6 speakers. Is this true 5.1 surround or just stereo being sent to front and back speakers?

You can download my test files to check your setup: AC3-DD5.1, DTS5.1 and AAC5.1 to see if you are getting proper channel reproduction.

Thanks. I will try them this evening.

Sorry but I really can’t understand what is happening in your setup. This is not a 9.2.5 problem so i would ask you to open an issue in kodi section. Please try to use a really fresh install with no other addons. Add the sources and define what the contents are choosing your favourite content addon. And report back.

Just download them to some USB device and run them in Kodi.

All ran perfectly, thanks Sholander.
I find it curious that it doesn’t work in surround if you set the HDMI to 5.1 but it does if you set it to 2.0.

The sound issue is fixed now. I also discovered I can scan an entire drive if I do not attempt to update the library. All I need to do is hold down on OK over the drive concerned for about 3 seconds and then I get the option to set content. Changing from None to Movies and ensuring the option for a single movie in each folder allows it to scan.

The only problem I have left now, and this is one I never mentioned before, is that when a movie begins with the word “The”, if the scanner can’t find the name of the movie, it defaults to “The Angry Birds” which is rather annoying.

I won’t be reinstalling CoreElec again because I already did that and the only addons I used were content providers, subtitle providers, backup, weather, and screensavers. Everything else I added after I was satisfied that most issues had been resolved.

Thanks very much for your time guys. I confirm the problems were not with 9.2.5 but more to do with certain functions not being so simple to understand. For example, the 5.1 no rear sound issue resolved by setting to 2.0 and the library not being able to scan or update.

1 Like