A bit more OS?

I know that by definition CoreELEC is just enough os for Kodi.
I don’t need Kodi right now so I want to use my box as a server. I tried armbian but found that the drivers and configs are not as complete. You guys are doing an amazing job with sourcing finrmwares and stuff. Is there a way for me to create an image based on the CoreELEC kernels and firmwares, dtbs so forth but have a fuller distro with access to more packages?

I also saw that the licensing for the kernel itself is not quite simple I would love to hear info about that if that’s a challenge

Dietpi was good last time I tried it. Also what are you trying to run, its probably doable.

I don’t see a support for amlgic with dietpi where can I find resources about it?

It supports odroid but I’m sure i ran it on a generic board. I guess you’ll need to look through the forum for your soc. It has been a few years since I used it.

I did a bit more reading and remember now, if you install a debian os on any box they provide a script to convert it to dietpi. Worth a look I reckon, I’m thinking of trying it out on an old box to see what it does now. Something to keep myself occupied at families house over Christmas.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.