A95X F2 Android Box 4GB RAM 32GB ROM Amlogic S905X2

Hello, new here…

Has anyone had success with the A95X F2 Android Box 4GB RAM 32GB ROM Amlogic S905X2 ?

Should I try it with g12a_s905x2_4g_1gbit ?

Haven’t purchased it yet. Thought I’d ask first.

Cheers,
Bob

If you carry out a search in the forum for A95X you will find a few threads about this box.

I’m curious as yo why you are looking at an S905X2 box when the S905X3 would be a better bet right now.

Good point. How’s this one look:

TUREWELL 4GB RAM 32GB ROM T95 Max+ TV Box Amlogic S905X3 Quad-core cortex-A55 Media Player with 8K BT4.0 2.4G/5.0GHz Dual-Band WiFi

The T95 Max+ does seem to be a reasonable box but would advise researching to see the pros and cons.

There are a number of Youtube reviews that may be worth watching,

Better than your original choice anyway IMO.

Thanks. The Youtube videos I’ve found on the T95 Max+ don’t show it installed with CE so they are limited in the relevant content.

They should give you a feel for the box in general though and how it is generally seen.

Combine that with all the discussions on here and it should start to narrow down your choices.

Almost two years ago I purchased this:

SeekEdge Android Mini TV Box with 64Bit Amlogic S905X Quad-core CPU 2GB Ram+16GB ROM EMMC

Out of the box the video performance wasn’t very good, but when I installed LibreELEC it drastically improved. Also the Youtube videos talk too much about the installed software etc., which won’t matter once it’s replaced with CE.

I ordered the T95 Max+. I’ll give it a try with CE and give my feedback here. If it’s not acceptable I’ll send it back. Free returns for this on the jungle place. :slightly_smiling_face:

I installed CE on the T95 Max+. Everything seems to work except the original remote. I’ve only tried sm1_s905x3_4g as that’s the only one that would seem to make sense. Not sure if there’s something else that could be tweaked to make the remote work. This seems to be a common problem.

Have you looked in the guides and how to section in this forum? You will find a section on remote controls which is well worth a read. If you then search for “repository for remote” in the forum, you might be lucky enough to find your remote.conf.

Most questions have been answered before so please try to search the forum before asking the questions. Sorry if this sounds harsh but you’ll get more out of the CoreELEC experience by reading before asking.

Point well taken. I was under the mistaken impression that the remote was configured by dtb.img, hence the confusion. :man_facepalming:

After about 5 hours I got it all figured out. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Next go around will be much faster.