Add-On Incompatible? Locast

I’m having issues with the Locast Add-on (main Kodi repo) from actually working on CoreELEC 9.2.5
Can anyone else actually successfully open this Add-on on their CoreELEC box? I’ve tried everything possible to troubleshoot. Unfortunately the dev is less than responsive.

Upon launching I get “We apologize but it appears that you are not currently located in the Designated Market Area to view this content” yet I’m 100% in the designated market and able to view it on my PC browser.

What I’ve tried already:

  • Verified my Kodi device pings and curls ip-api.com perfectly. (Any other URLs for me to troubleshoot?)

  • Reinstalled a fresh copy of CoreELEC onto my SD-Card. Then installed and tried opening the Locast Add-on upon first initial boot.

  • Tried both the 1.0.5 release and 1.0.8 beta versions of Locast

  • Changed Kodi’s DNS server to 8.8.8.8

ERROR: plugin.video.locast-1.0.8b-getURL, Failed! Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0) ,Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.locast/resources/lib/locast.py", line 118, in getURL
cacheresponse = req.json()
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/models.py", line 897, in json
return complexjson.loads(self.text, **kwargs)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/__init__.py", line 538, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 370, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 400, in raw_decode
return self.scan_once(s, idx=_w(s, idx).end())
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/scanner.py", line 79, in scan_once
return _scan_once(string, idx)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/scanner.py", line 39, in _scan_once
raise JSONDecodeError(errmsg, string, idx)
JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

Edit: Found the problem, the Pi-Hole default block lists found the URL ip-api.com which the dev uses as malicious - which it technically is. Whitelisting it is a workaround.

About | FAQ | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Legal Notice