Amlogic-ng does not boot on MECOOL KII Pro (S905D)

I had the same problem on the new installation of a release 9.2.5 (latest stable).

I have Mecool KII pro Android 7.1 wirh a S905 Rev. 2 (S905D) then I used the tree DTB suggested on the installation instrution but don’t boot remain in a booting.

Then I used a workaround using one old DTB I used in a Librelec and started also if telling me a warning with a message that the tree is out of date.

Maybe the tree inside the installation directory isn’t right or corrupted?

Are you saying you are using an old LE dtb and your Kii Pro is booting with CE NG image ?

yes, telling the message that the devoce tree is out to date but booting and working like this. Otherwise with CE dtb not booting.

Which old dtb did you use exactly?
So you say you get a warning, but it still works?
Better than a black screen with the “official” dtb :slight_smile:

if i can put it here I put … its the dtb taken by last Libreelec image written for aml cpu before interrupt if i remember well was 8.2.3.1

dtb.img (55,2 KB)
i change some values between dtb’s so now i have working ng image on my Mecool KII pro. This is some kind of “Fun Build”. Maybe someone want to test it

@Rom3k

Your dtb looks completely different, not just a few values changed. What did you take as the base for your dtb?

Can you do something similar for Mecool KIII Pro?

@zuka1977 I don’t have mecool KIII pro hardware so it’s impossible at the moment.

Finally tested your dtb, works even with the final Matrix release from today.
Thanks!

@Rom3k I compared it to our gxl_p230_k1_pro dtb and the only diff is that you use external ethernet, isn’t it?

“i change some values between dtb’s so now i have working ng image on my Mecool KII pro.” Yes base dtb is coreelec gxl_p230_k1_pro. Ethernet config and dvb-s was copied from gxl_p231_2g_dvb - That’s all, I never claimed that the DTB was made from scratch by me🙂

I only see ethernet is different to our current gxl_p230_k1_pro. There are no changes to the dvb part. So it’s possible to to add a new dtb and name it 1gbit. It’s 1gbit then I guess?

Can you try a test dtb for CE-19 Kodi Matrix when I build one?

Yes, I can - this is not a problem for me

It’s 100M

my fault, default is 1GBit, this KII pro is 100mbit only.

please use this dtb as dtb.img and test if LAN & DVB is working, thx.

gxl_p230_k1_pro_100mbit.dtb (55.2 KB)

Maybe you are also able to dump the Android dtb?
dd if=/dev/dtb | gzip > /storage/downloads/dtb.img.gz

In our database it’s written gxl_p231_2g_dvb should be used. This will be this dtb for a test, thx:
gxl_p231_2g_dvb_100mbit.dtb (52.6 KB)

I tested both

• gxl_p231_2g_dvb_100mbit.dtb = Black screen after MECOOL logo, same problem as I originally reported with gxl_p231_2g_dvb.dtb
  • gxl_p230_k1_pro_100mbit.dtb = Both DVB and LAN working

Thx, can you make a dtb dump like describe above?

I do not have an android, I have coreelec installed in the internal memory.

Does extracting the “android dtb” work with dd from /dev/dtb while running CoreELEC from sd?

Yes, just run the cmd