Amlogic-no Discussion

Without UART log we can’t help!

I think dtb files can be used in different builds, if the kernel version is not changing.
Perhaps slight changes in kernel may even work, but it seems huge changes like a jump from kernel 4.9 to 5.15 do not work.

Sadly i don`t know how to edit the dtb file to make it compatible with a new kernel. I wished there would be any tutorial about that.

For what?

The 5.15 dtb needs to be fixed: UART log!

Sadly i have no UART cable :frowning:

0129/130 also boot loop.
Old DTB linked above in my prev post still works :slight_smile:

No Kodi log as I cant boot it with errors…yet.

Thank you for the UART log!

I just can text you exactly this issue got solved today.
I just did not had time anymore to make a new build.

So next nightly available should be able to run SM1, S905X3 devices!

3 Likes

is there a list of things that do not work? i would love to test on my odroid n2 (iirc it boots first sd, then emmc, so i could “play around” because stable is on emmc) but not if there is known problems like h264 broken or so.

New nightly 20240201 should now support SM1, S905X3. Please have a test. If this goes well the next step will happen 5.15.78 → 5.15.119.

N2 should work fine. Just remove emmc and boot from uSD. If it works well update emmc.

Do not run CE if both are attached. It may lead to unknown issues as it’s not well defined what from where is getting load.

1 Like

I test the new nightly on a beelink gt1 mini2 x3 with a 64GB SD Card
and now it works

s905x3 4gb 1gbit {x96max+) loading normal, but after choose dtb sm1_x905x3_4g_1gb showing:
CoreELEC (official): 21.0-Omega_nightly_20240201 (Amlogic-no.aarch64)
Machine model: Amlogic
CoreELEC dt-id: sm1_s905x3_2g
https://paste.coreelec.org/sNSDGc

Then you have wrong DTB chosen.
What does dtname say?

It should show sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.

Clean fresh install?

dtb say sm1_s905x3_2g, but i choosed 4g_1gb.

p.s.
sorry, It really looks like the wrong one

yes, sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb must say sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.

Great work, team. This nightly works on my Bqeel Y8 max with S905x³ and sm1…4g_1g.dtb. No jumpy playback of hevc with embedded and active subtitles.

One minor thing I noticed, the second boot (after initializing and resizing partitions and so on) my vendor splash screen didn’t show, screen went black for a couple seconds until the rotating CoreElec screen started.

Edit: it turns out, the hevc playback with active subtitles is still jumpy like crazy. Except any form of OSD is on. Then the playback is smooth like it should be. It doesn’t matter if it’s the regular OSD, player info (O on keyboard) or player process info (Ctrl Shift O on keyboard).

I tested early on with active player process info, to see if any frames are dropped or skipped. And the content was playing smooth. So, sorry for that misinformation. My mistake.

Device:
S905X3 4gb 1gbit X96max+
sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb
nightly_20240201

Just tried it. The result here is a bootloop.

dmesg or UART log is required!

but all right loading and working
https://paste.coreelec.org/0w8dmM

CoreELEC (official): 21.0-Omega_ni
ghtly_20240201 (Amlogic-no.aarch64
)
CoreELEC dt-id: sm1_s905x3_4g
_1gbit

only OpenVFD not working

You need to install openvfd addon again.

CoreELEC (official): 21.0-Omega_nightly_20240201 (Amlogic-no.aarch64)
CoreELEC dt-id: sc2_s905x4_4g
Tanix X4

All good including Wifi, except, as I am sure you know, no BT found.
Great progress, thanks.