Amlogic-no Discussion

Tanix X4 4GB 100Mb/s

CoreELEC (official): 21.0-Omega_nightly_20231215 (Amlogic-no.aarch64)
Machine model: Amlogic
CoreELEC dt-id: sc2_s905x4_4g

Live TV from CE backend running TVHeadend - all good.

Had a problem after setup with date & time … used cli to set it.
After a reboot it reverted to wrong date & time.
I believe it has to do with internet access failing - possibly a problem with LAN of course.

Will look for cause tomorrow - suggestions welcome.

Just had time to install -no version on an uSD card on my N2 for testing. Had little time to test, and did not encounter any major problem. All addons I use install and work OK. One thing I noticed is that I cannot turn OFF blue LED; can select “heartbeat” which works, but selecting OFF and rebooting leaves the blue LED ON.
Second thing I noticed is that I cannot use this version on an uSD card on my N2 in multiboot mode, since Petitboot dev.20220317 does not recognize/start it. Left a note about this to petitboot maintainer on HK Odroid-N2 forum; hope it gets fixed, since I regularly use Multiboot…

Thanks.

I have petitboot 220317 installed and had been multibooting successfully previously.
I cleared the flash module and that still had no effect.
I hope this gets resolved as I too regularly use Multiboot… (or the kids do to boot into EmuElec!)

Thank, I tried what you said, the result is the same and CEC is not working.By the way, there is another problem, from time to time it does not boot from the sd card.
I will now do another clean install and try again

When it doesn’t boot what do you get, boot to android or garbled image on top?

Distorted image on top.In the sense that the CoreElec mount from the SD card did not happen

Thank you guys, this is unexpected but very nice Christmas present for all older boxes owners :slight_smile:

Do you have the tv on when that happens? There are TVs that don’t send the correct edid info when off.

Yes, the TV’s on.

After a clean install it is the same again and CEC is not working again.

Not:My SD card is new first installation 64 GB

That’s not what I meant. That’s another issue.

I’ll install on a 32 GB SD card and try again.Perhaps the size of the card’s memory may be a factor
CE is now open. 64 GB .

GT King pro works smoothly.Troubled running GT King II

Ok I’ll bite, maybe I’m just dumb. What’s the point of -no builds for say an Odroid N2? Is it the updated kernel and continued support? Are there any potential advantages to the newer kernel over the -ng builds? Like video playback, etc?

I’m just trying to work out where this fits in for legacy devices and where this also fits in for devices able to run -ne like the Homatics box…

Is it that -no will be the only stream moving forward with Kodi 22 onwards?

I had boot problem with 2 separate 64 GB sd cards but no problem with 32 GB sd card.
Alone CEC still does not work

Burned a new SD card with “no” for my N2+ box. I tried two different u-SD cards, but neither would boot. I eventually removed my eMMC card from the box and the card booted. What gives? Normally, the box boots from eMMC if no SD card present, otherwise it boots from the SD card. That’s how I’ve been testing CE 20/21. So far, “no” has been ok on my audio files. Tomorrow, I’ll start testing video.
Joe

Odroid n2+
When subtitles are enabled video plays like in slow motion,if I bring up any osd elements like seekbar video plays fine and then as soon as it disappears same problem. Slow motion playback

I would like to know the answer to this too.

It’s great to see this and thank-you for all your efforts with it!

Gave this a run on an Odroid N2 (on latest petitboot dev.20220317). First I used a Windows install to make sure I have an Omega DB in place etc.

Agree with above poster @Joe_90 - I can only get this to boot this by manually removing the eMMC card altogether. Can’t use boot selection in petitboot (says something about kern exec failing so similar?)

Once booted, I copied some of my config over so I could get to my files etc, but can also report immediately noticeable issues with jerky video playback, not present on -ng installs. Didn’t have time to produce logs etc, and should probably go through and fix a few config things manually as the config on my main install points to an AVR for sound etc (7.1) vs. this machine which is just TV audio. I hope to have some time to experiment again soon, but in the meantime worth confirming that something is preventing the old ‘pop in an SD card and preferentially boot from that’ approach.

It’s because amlogic-dt-id did change. This is same problem like with petiboot. No idea yet how to solve it. Before there was a difference between rev.a,b and c. Now with 5.15 not anymore but there is a difference in RAM size.