Amlogic S905X2

Hi coreELEC team, and all.

Having some issues with my s905x2,mainly video driver will not got to 4k only 1920x1080, should I post some details here or start new thread.

TIA
Andy

Either whitelist is incorrectly configured or your display doesn’t support 4K.

Hi adamg

Not a display issue as tv is Hisense 55M3300 55 inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV Freeview HD, and has played 4k streams from S905x running coreelec, Display specs as follows

HD Ready Yes
HDMI 4_HDCP2_2_2
HDMI 2.0 Y 4:4:4 4:2:2 4:2:0 HDR10 enhanced from hisense firmware update
Motion Processing 800 SMR
Netflix 4K Streaming Y
Pixel Resolution 3840 x 2160
1080p Full HD Ready Yes
4K Ultra HD Yes

Despite selecting compatable resolutions from the whitelist it refuses to display, tvbox is Sidiwen T95 X2 Android 8.1 TV Box 4GB RAM 64GB ROM Amlogic S905X2 generic u211

Specifications

OS: Android 8.1, CPU: S905X2 Quad Core cortex-A53, CPU: Davlin MP2, RAM: 4GB, ROM: 64GB

USB: 1 High speed USB 3.0 and 1 High speed USB 2.0
Card Reader: SD/SDHC/MMC cards
HDD file system: FAT16/FAT32/NTFS
Support Subtitle: SRT/SMI/SUB/SSA/IDX+USB
High Definition video output: SD/HD max.1920x1080 pixel
OSD Type of Languages: English/French/German/Spanish/Italian/ etc multilateral languages
LAN: Ethernet:Standard 10/100M RJ-45
Wireless: Built in 2.4G/5G dual band WIFI
Mouse/Keyboard: Support mouse and keyboard via USB;Support 2.4GHz wireless mouse and keyboard via 2.4GHz USB dongle
HDMI: HDMI 2.1 ,Support HDMI CEC, Dynamic HDR and HDCP 2.2,4Kx2K@75 max resolution output.
4K2k hd decoding: 4k2k H.265 Hardware Video Decode and 4k2k Output
1080P/AV/3G: Support
SPDIF/IEC958: Coaxial

ETH 100Mb - OK
WIFI 2.4/5GHz - OK
BLUETOOTH - OK
HEVC/H265 - NOT Known yet
GUI 2160 60p - NOT working
PLAYBACK: 1080p only
IR REMOTE - NO : USB dongle driven Rii combi working
POWER On: MANUAL
VFD - not got to that yet

NO problem with 4k playback under android, sample-Elysium.2013.2160p.mkv HEVC encode with DTS-HD Master Audio

The Sidiwen T95X2 was the device that I initially used to add support to CoreELEC for S905X2, HEVC, GUI@2160, IR, VFD, HEVC playback all work as I have personally tested all of them on this device.

The problem is your configuration of all of these items, IR and VFD require manual configuration and there is plenty of guides on these forums for both.

You may need to use 4:2:2 colour subsampling for 4K to work on your display, you can find the toggle for this setting under Settings>System>CoreELEC.

Hi Adamg, yep was the 4:2:2 colour sub sampling setting that was the issue, hevc h265 and 4k now ok. many thanks :slight_smile:

Now going to go through the vfd and ir configs, for the vfd I think I remember the post needed (t95x2-s905x2-vfd.conf)

regards
Andy

H96 Max S905X2 working CE
) H96 Max S905X2 working Coreelec

Is this something that can be enabled or will it require modifications to the DTB in the future? Can’t mount /dev/system etc. Thank you

No. There are no plans to support install to internal on these devices.

Okay thank you. Is it because it can’t be done or a CoreELEC decision?

A team CE decision as install to internal results in too many complications… If you really want the snappiest experience possible using CE, buy a device which support CE installed on eMMC :+1:

I have a x96max 4/64 with coreelec last nightly. I have 2 issues. The reboot to nand has stopped working with the latest update. For spdif optical cable from the box to the soundbar there is no audio. I have enabled in settings / sound output spedif but nothing. The sound bar supports DTS and DD. I have seen this problem happen to many people in various forums.

And what happens if you select HDMI or PCM?

I already did it and you don’t hear anything. Connecting HDMI to the TV and optical from the TV to the bar and yes there is sound but directly from the tvbox there is no sound.

This is a device tree issue.

Changes for reboot to nand was rolled back because the changes broke reboot to nand on older devices.

Ok, try the following commands and see if you get sound out from the SPDIF port.

mount -o remount,rw /flash
fdtset -s /flash/dtb.img /auge_sound/aml-audio-card,dai-link@2/cpu sound-dai 202
reboot

If you still get no sound, use 201 instead of 202.

CE still working OK on my H96 Max s905x2 with 8 nightly updates. Up to 2019806 now…
The team fixed the wifi issues reported a few days ago.
)H96 Max S905X2 working Coreelec

Just tried the latest Nightly release on my Mecool KM9 Pro (2+16G) with 2.4 Ghz WiFi and 100 Mbps Ethernet. Performance is good (I used a USB SSD as boot device). However, the WiFi Chip is not detected.

@leptdre
Which DTB file did you use?
Is your display working?
Thanks.

I also owned MeCOOL KM9 Pro (2+16G) and tested the latest build CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.1-nightly_20190808.tar, using g12a_s905x2_2g.dtb (tried g12a_s905x2_2g_1gbit.dtb but ethernet doesn’t work). Result is the same as @leptdre, there is no WiFi connections listed under ‘Connections’ tag. WiFi chipset of the TV box is AP6236.

@leptdre @wkchick
We don’t have drivers for the AP6236 in our repo just yet.
I see that they are available, so I think it shouldn’t be much of a problem to add them, but @anon88919003 knows about this more than me.