Amlogic S905X3, S905Y3, S905D3 thread

What video driver is use in kodi for x3? Why deintherlesing if off for hardware accelerations.

Feedback from my x96air video in latest Coreelec: Video its more clean & best than android but… i can observe micro stairs in iptv or hd video (in full hd its not observe) !

And other problem is boot and pvr iptv adon.

If i reboot tv box not every time kodi booting, 1 or 2 time with 3 its stuck on logo coreelec.

Pvr iptv its not load tv list 1 off 3 time after reboot.

Other problem i m no have for this moment.

Sorry for bad english!

Posted this here but thought I’d provide some feedback to this forum as well.

Using a Droix X3 and the build 9.2-funhouse_2006.7-Generic I have now had a successful boot into CoreELEC using device tree sm1_s905x3_4g.dtb but with the caveats listed below.

Booting both sm1_s905x3_2g_1gbit.dtb abd sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb both just present a black screen with no activity on the boot media.

From the bootable build of CoreELEC I was able to test the following using an LG C9 OLED and Onkyo reveiver and media on a USB drive.

Working - 4K60 HDR remux

Working - 4K24 HDR remux

Working -1080p60 remux

Working -1080p24 remux

Working - Dolby Atmos / TrueHD passthrough

Working - DTS-X / DTS-HMA passthrough

Not working - LAN

Not working - WiFi

Not working - Bluetooth

Not working - Playback of content (HDR or SDR) would quite often either start as a black screen or end as black screen. You could still hear the sound so restarting and/or ending the media playback would show the screen again after an attempt or two.

Not working - Dolby Vision passthrough brings up the HDR option on the TV whereas when the content is played back directly from the USB port of the TV it comes up as Dolby Vison.

Not working - Suspend puts the device to sleep but there is no way of bringing it back afterwards as no inputs seem to work.

The performance of the menu interface and playback was excellent though which gives me some hope for the device.

try this
https://relkai.coreelec.org/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_20200210-Generic.img.gz

Tried the CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_20200210-Generic.img build and get the same results.

sm1_s905x3_4g.dtb boots the Droix X3 into CoreELEC without working wifi, lan and bluetooth whereas sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb sits on a black screen. I see a little flash or two on my USB stick to some some activity after the device boot logo on screen and then nothing.

Solved after the last “nightly” update.

Thanks

Ran through each dtb using the latest CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_20200218-Generic.img build on the Droix X3 and here are the results using both the internal NIC and an external USB NIC.

Not working - Permanent black screen on the TV.
g12a_s905x2_2g_1gbit.dtb
g12a_s905x2_4g_1gbit.dtb
sm1_s905d3_khadas_vim3l.dtb
sm1_s905x3_2g_1gbit.dtb
sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb

Not working - Continual Reboots.
g12b_a311d_khadas_vim3.dtb
g12b_s922x_odroid_n2.dtb
g12b_s922x_odroid_n2_dvb.dtb
g12b_s922x_ugoos_am6.dtb
g12b_s922x_ugoos_am6_rev_a.dtb

Not working - Continual Reboots & Corrupt boot Logo.
g12b_s922x_beelink_gt_king.dtb
g12b_s922x_beelink_gt_king_rev_a.dtb

CoreELEC Working but with no detected network or bluetooth devices (internal or external)
(Note: Both g12a device trees boot the initial partition formating screen and once complete require a hardware reboot before loading CoreELEC. The sm1 device trees do not require this extra step.)

g12a_s905x2_2g.dtb
g12a_s905x2_4g.dtb
sm1_s905x3_2g.dtb
sm1_s905x3_4g.dtb

This thread is not monitored for help and support, tou can not just try any device tree and hope for the best, the key is in the naming of them.

Based on the spec of the box the correct device tree is sm1_s905x3_4g.

If network is not working then it needs to be brought to our attention in a more appropriate thread, ie nightlies, you also haven’t said whether this is just wireless or wired or both that isn’t working.

As you have tried an external NIC as well it could be that the driver is missing but again these are all separate issues that need raising.

Sorry adamg, would this be the best place to raise the query?

For issues with nightly releases yes.

Amlogic S905X3 may be use 9.2.1 version coreelec?

No, you need to use the Amlogic-ng nightly builds.

my origin system is android 9.0 maybe use amlogic-ng nightly?

Unable to boot system it still enter Android 9

so you downloaded the correct ng build,you then copied the correct dtb from the dtb folder, renamed it to dtb.img & copied it to the root of the usb/sd card

you then held the reset button in, while plugging in the power lead. after a few seconds, you release the reset button?

if you did that perhaps you have not used the correct device tree(dtb)

thx Succeed
Remote control cannot be used without return key

x96 max plus remote control can not use
2.4G remote control without return keyboard

you need to search the forum for remote control.

NEW Repo for Remote files (Thanks to Betatester)

apparently, the x92 works

thx bro
put three files in the root directory of the U disk?

did not work
rc map.cfg and x96 and x96_remote.png
Put it in the root directory of U disk?

No, you need to read the instructions in the first link

Copy x92_remote to /storage/.config/rc_keymaps

Copy rc_maps.cfg to /storage/.config

I don’t know about the xml file

then reboot