Amlogic S928X

Could you also ask them for the dovi.ko module for the 5.15 kernel? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Firstly, I don’t even know what the file is or how to use it I was only trying to help speed things up so that I can run CoreElec on my Ugoos AM8 Pro. Secondly, Im not going to keep emailing them back and forth unnecessarily asking for things I know nothing about. I played my part and got the file that was needed so hopefully that enables the CoreElec team to do what they need to do in order to finish their work, so more people myself included will be able to enjoy it on their Ugoos AM8’s.

5 Likes

what is the purpose of that file they send? i’m curious how it works.

There are two possible scenarios. This is one of them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1.Portish receive file
2.Portish load it on to his smart oven and fridge.
3.It helps feed portish so he will spend more time with our devices eg. 928x

Why have people here the am8 pro instead of am6b+? In which scenario is the am8 interesting?

It’s basically the successor to the 922X family, and about 6 years newer (like 2017 vs 2023 at least accounting for the GPU itself). Supposedly it has over 2x higher results on Antutu benchmark. It also has AV1 codec support and supposedly the VS12 engine.

@Astrotrain I’d take the findings of the Tencent box in regards to FEL processing with a grain of salt. It’s pretty clear based on prior responses in here, that the box runs Android. And FEL has never properly worked when Android was running, even the AM6B+ boxes.

1 Like

19 Likes

IT’S HAPPENING! :smiley:

Thank you @Portisch and whole CE team :slight_smile:

Which kernel running?

I would love to be proven wrong and for FEL to work on this box.

Portisch, you’ve done it again and thank you to garethk1979.

@Portisch Any update on the status of FEL support?

Totally didn’t expect this so soon. Fingers crossed on FEL - if yes, this is an instant buy, literally.

The dovi.ko file for 5.15 kernel would enable dolby vision on the newer linux kernel. This enables us to upgrade to the new CoreElec 22 NO versions while retaining dolby vision. Today we can install that, but there is no DV.

You did awesome already, but if you could follow up a final time for that dovi.ko file that would be another huge help to the community. I don’t know the right way to ask the question though, maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

say no more mate im on it :wink:

1 Like

Incredible! Well done buddy! :blush:

Wow great job @garethk1979 i tough it was never gonna happen.
Now if we can get dovi.ko for 5.15 its time to buy this box and finally upgrade.

Is the am8 pro playing hdr10+ and DV MEL P8 fine via kodi playstore? Or the intern player?

So we need only CE for P7 FEL/MEL?

I’d say get on board mate I’ve already sent them an email to get the dovi.ko so hopefully not long…

2 Likes

I think the dovi.ko already exists with Android, so the Coreelec only needs to know the location of the file in the ugoos8, as is the case with Homatic.

Aurora 5 Pro? Is CoreELEC just detecting the model’s name incorrectly? Searches come up with a Rockchip RK3588 SOC for that particular model…

@zuma it’s not that simple. the dovi.ko kernel module has to match the version of the kernel it was compiled against, and the version of the kernel in the CoreELEC image. Otherwise you run into ABI issues. There’s no guarantee the version shipped with Android is the kernel version needed (which is 5.15).

5 Pro is Rockchip, 5X is 928X

https://i.imgur.com/EzCEc7n.png

Prob just quirk with the name in the screenshot