Audio Troubleshooting (No audio, out of sync, etc)

Audio issues are hard to determine because there are usually multiple devices in the chain, separate settings on both the player and TV, various codecs, and different ways of connecting them all together.

To better the chances of finding the issue, and help others search in the future, please fill out the following template and include what you know:

1. Device: Ugoos Am6b+/Homatics/Beelink/etc

2. CE version: Eg 21.1-nightly-0713

3. Kodi Output Device: Eg, AML-AUGESOUND, HDMI

4. Passthrough Output Device: Eg, AML-AUGESOUND, HDMI

5. Passthrough Codecs: Eg, AC3/EAC3/TrueHD/DTS/DTS HD/DTS Core

6. AVR make and model: Eg, Denon/yamaha with model number

7. TV make and model: Eg, LG G2

8. AVR wiring configuration: Eg, Box → TV → AVR (eArc)

9. Audio codec with issues (include video details as well): List the audio codec[s] you’re struggling with. Please include some info on video as well, eg DV in MKV or SD in MKV, DV in ISO, etc

10. TV HDMI configuration: On my LG, this setting is called “HDMI Input Audio Format” either PCM or Bitstream

11. Describe issue and what’s been tried so far

12. HDMI Cable: HDMI 2.1 or no?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ugoos AM8 installation

1. Device: Ugoos Am6b+/Homatics/Beelink/etc
    Am6b+

2. CE version: Eg 21.1-nightly-0713
    Most recent version

3. Kodi Output Device: Eg, AML-AUGESOUND, HDMI
    Output AUGESIUND HDMI

4. Passthrough Output Device: Eg, AML-AUGESOUND, HDMI

• AUGESOUND HDMI
  1. Passthrough Codecs: Eg, AC3/EAC3/TrueHD/DTS/DTS HD/DTS Core
    Everything, my system supports all codecs

2. AVR make and model: Eg, Denon/yamaha with model number
    Samsung Q990B

3. TV make and model: Eg, LG G2
    LG CX

4. AVR wiring configuration: Eg, Box → TV → AVR (eArc)
    Checked direct to thr tv, and direct to the soundbar through earc

5. Audio codec with issues (include video details as well): List the audio codec[s] you’re struggling with. Please include some info on video as well, eg DV in MKV or SD in MKV, DV in ISO, etc
    ----The issue of lypsinc and stutters only occurs after forwarding, rewinding, jumping to another chapter while playing a video with dolbyvision dual layer fel and dolby atmos, m2ts files, iso files…
    If I dont forward, junp chapters…theres no stutter or lypsinc issues

6. TV HDMI configuration: On my LG, this setting is called “HDMI Input Audio Format” either PCM or Bitstream

– ecerything is set correct to proper passthrough

1. Describe issue and what’s been tried so far
    The issue of lypsinc and stutters only occurs after forwarding, rewinding, jumping to another chapter while playing a video with dolbyvision dual layer fel and dolby atmos at the same time, m2ts files, iso files…
    If I dont forward, junp chapters…theres no stutter or lypsinc issues.

2. HDMI Cable: HDMI 2.1 or no?
    Hdmi 2.1, and the same occurs with hdmi 2.0

Just signed up as I got my Ugoos AM6B+ up and running yesterday, and the only issue I’m having is no audio on PCM mkv from an older blu-ray rip. And occasionally some lip sync issues on EAC3 audio tracks.

1. Device: Ugoos AM6B+
  2. CE Version: CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-21.1-Omega_nightly_20240714-Generic
  3. Kodi Output: AML_AUGESOUND HDMI
  4. Passthrough AML-AUGESOUND HDMI
  5. Passthrough Codecs: All codecs as my soundbar supports all of them (DTS-HD, TRUE HD, EAC3, AC3 etc)
  6. AVR/Soundbar make and model: JBL Bar 1000
  7. TV make and model: Sony X90J
  8. Soundbar connected via eArc to TV, Ugoos connected to HDMI 2.1 cable directly to TV as well.
  9. No audio issue on codec: PCM 5.1, Multi-Channel PCM 5.1.
  10. TV HDMI Configuration: On the Sony X90J for passthrough you set it to Auto (which is the setting to allow passthrough untouched).
  11. Issue: No audio of PCM 5.1 audio tracks sourced from a blu-ray disk. If I change audio to the backup AC3 5.1 audio channel it plays correctly.
    11.1. Issue #2: Lip Sync issues on some EAC3 audio tracks.
  12. HDMI Cable: 2.1 and the same happens with 2.0.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.