Hey, I have a Mecool K3 Pro with an integrated AVL6862 DVB-C tuner and I have not had much luck in the past getting it to work decently. I just did a fresh install of CE 9.0.0 and thought I give it another shot but I’m still struggling with it.
I installed TVHeadend 4.2.7-44 ~ CoreELEC Tvh-addon v9.0.118 and I’ve tried both CrazyCat and the drivers from the latest kernel (media_build). Both of them detect the card but as soon as I try to scan 2 manually defined muxes I get this error with both of the drivers.
2019-02-22 22:58:50.942 mpegts: 146MHz in DNA - tuning on Availink avl6862 #0 : DVB-C #0 2019-02-22 22:58:50.943 linuxdvb: Availink avl6862 #0 : DVB-C #0 - failed to tune [e=Invalid argument]
I know the mux definition is correct because I can link the same network with those muxes to my other USB based DVB-C tuner, move over the antenna cable and it finds all the 33 muxes that it’s supposed to.
To my surprise, I noticed running TVHeadend on my Mecool using docker image, the tuner seems to work both with CrazyCat and with latest kernel (media_build) drivers. It only finds roughly 29 of the 33 muxes but I guess that’s better than nothing and I’ve seen multiple other people having similar issues so I guess it’s expected.
I would appreciate if anybody has some suggestion in case there is something I can try to fix it. Or if somebody would have time to look into the issue. I would also be interested to hear if op has had success with this box using specifically the dvb-c tuner?
I took one dmesg output straight after booting the box up and going into tvheadend and trying to scan the muxes. http://ix.io/1BMP
I also tried to enable debugging options (debug and trace options for subsytem linuxdvb) but for whatever reason it just logs some info notices about epgdb into the log file.
Update: The error message above seems not to be related to the problem I had as I get that in the docker container also.
The mux auto-discovery seems to have found the missing muxes. Still some of them are empty and it’s missing roughly 20 / 155 services but I’m glad it’s not more.
I also noticed that my USB based tuner seems to take heavy interference from the built-in tuner. Moving them away 50cm did wonders. I started getting some continuity errors / tuning issues on the USB tuner when they were close.
Due to some added benefits I’m gonna stay with the docker container solution.
Feel free to close the topic.