Bad "jq" in virtual-system-tools 9.0.111

Hello. I do not have the functional “jq” (virtual-system-tools aadon) in version 9.0.111.
Specifically, the command does not work, for example, in sh script under “crontab” / terminal (winSCP) … in ssh yes …
version 9.0.110 is’ OK.
Thank you for your correction

If this is a problem with a newer version of the addon, it has to be fixed by the addon developer.

If I understand correctly in ssh session it works? Then try using full path /storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.system-tools/bin/jq.

yes in ssh it works … but it’s because I’m like “root”. It does not work anywhere else. Version 110 works everywhere …and yes the scripts give the full path…
Otherwise, 7z, file version 111 … are ok …

Ok, found what the issue is. jq also needs shared library which is visible with command

LibreELEC:~ # systemctl status cron -l | cat -
Feb 05 19:59:00 LibreELEC crond[1541]: /storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.system-tools/bin/jq: error while loading shared libraries: libonig.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

That’s why use /etc/profile in crontab file like this example

* * * * * . /etc/profile; curl 'https://api.github.com/repos/stedolan/jq/commits?per_page=5' | jq '.[0] | {message: .commit.message, name: .commit.committer.name}' >/tmp/jq_test

Powerful to me … I uploaded a version of 110 and it works. Will “jq” be corrected in the future?

There is nothing to correct. Just use it properly (remember, CE is special system).

I already understand “etc/profile” … I say that this is how it works in version 111 … Thank you …

1 Like