Beelink GT-King Pro S922X-H

Hi there,

Is the S922X-H chip supported yet. I know you say that the Beelink GT-King S922X is but what about the Beelink GT-King Pro S922X-H?

Thanks

Yes it is, you just use the same device tree that you would use for the GT-King/

Then can I buy this box?(Beelink GT-King Pro Amlogic S922X-H)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000266003718.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.2b2c3c00RITnxm&mp=1
I’ll put an external TBS5520SE tuner in this box.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32810106609.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.9.72eb6ea32yKRjV
Can you give me an idea or should I buy VIM3?

Both the GT-King Pro and VIM3 are supported by CoreELEC.

2 Likes

How to choose between CoreELEC and Android at Beelink?
SD Card remove an insert?

1 Like

By default, rebooting from Android will start CE. In CE you can choose which OS you want to use (Reboot or Reboot from emmc)

2 Likes

Greetings,

Does this device play Youtube 8K Videos?

Best regards…

Yes, it does. But only if you get the rev B chip.

1 Like

Greetings,

Thanks for the answer, man.

Well, how and where do we know him?

Best regards…

You don’t, it’s the luck of the draw. But I think that they are not very common.
If you want 8K YouTube, then go for a VIM3.

1 Like

Greetings,

I like VIM3 very much, but the USB Slot 2, I wonder if I can plug a USB Hub?

Best regards…

You can. The VIM3 comes with an A311D SoC, which is similar to S922X rev B.

1 Like

How does this device compare to Odroid N2?
4K stopped working for me on N2, likely a hardware issue and warranty is only for 30 days…

I used to have an N2 which packed up.
I replaced it with a VIM3.
I have a VIM3L as well.
You won’t notice any difference between the N2 and VIM3. (Get the metal bottom plate / heat pad along with heat sink)
Very little difference in performace that i could see using the VIM3L.
It’s supposed to be slower on specs but in my real world usage i can’t see a difference.

Thanks for your reply. I was actually asking about the BeeLink GT King in comparison to N2.

Depending on usage, I see that a S905X3 device is a lot slower when I have the EPG with archive pulled up compared to the N2.

hey , not to open a new thread i am about to pull the trigger on vim3 or vim3l , i really dont want to pay the extra bucks for the vim3 and also theres no availability for it here (Greece) ,i know vim3 is alot more powerfull than the 3l, is that only can be seen in gui , browsing menu’s maybe ? it shouldnt be any difference in picture quality, which is what i care for ,can you please enlighten me if thats the case , thanks :smiley:

I use both and the Vim3L is not slow for the majority of CE usage.
Mind you I run CE off SD Card.
I use SuperCeleron Vim3L Android TV internal install.
Both OS’s run very well on the Vim3L and the Vim3

I get confused which one I’m using because they have the same clear cover.
Using them and trying to identify which one i’m using when comparing performance is not obvious.

I used to have a H96 pro plus s912 and i was pleased with the performance and picture quality running coreelec but was running into some serious ARC - CEC weird stuff going on ,like losing ARC even though i had the CEC off so i want something now that is well supported .Silly to buy oem stuff for expensive tv-soundsystem and expect results most of the time.

So the upscale power is the same in vim3l as vim3,n2??, read in other posts that people insist that odroid n2 has the better picture quality-upscale .