Best device for Coreelec in 2022/2023

This is true :blush: I can send you video how fast it is on a 905x4 with 4 widgets and gilad latest releases trakt playlist with 301 Movies on it. Second widget is trending. Third watchlist and last embyā€¦

Nah Iā€™m not gonna send it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: it takes 42 sec to load first widget and they popping up one after another.
Shield loads them in 5 sec

Yes it does

Nope it donā€™t

Didnā€™t see reference to shield. Was talking about Homatics. Dunno why anyone would buy shield right now.

1 Like

Because itā€™s still more powerful than s905x4? :wink:

Just doesnā€™t support HDR10+ :wink:

Does the thing even support frame rate matching in its own OS? Never used to :-1:t2:

Thanks for the benchmark!

I have a s905x3, and everything works there, but I have exactly that slowness.
I had the gt king II and it was fast but did not support (yet) hd audio. Just sold it
I did consider shield but no hdr10+ is a turn off.
Iā€™m still searchingā€¦ for something fast

For horsepower (but no DV) you should try any of the S922x

2 Likes

Never tought itā€™s gonna be faster. Is it really much better than 905x4?

If I would only know :roll_eyes:
Not enough reading :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My N2 does seem faster than they S905x4, the big advantage for the N2 is lower heat IMO. The cost of getting 4MB RAM 64MB is the issue. A fully equipped N2+ delivered is about the same price an Intel N95 mini PC which makes more sense if horsepower is the question.

1 Like

Well,the n95 wonā€™t have hdr10+

Any recommendations?
(Hd audio passthrough and hdr10+ mandatory)
And coreelec of course :slight_smile:

S922X or similar you can chose between N2+, VIM3, GT King, Minix U22-XJ (Max) if you can find one, this one has DV support, Ugoos Am6.

1 Like

i guess my odroid n2 is dying (hdmi output problems). so i am now also looking for some new htpc. important is 4k@60hz. and it should last long (software + hardware). i am thinking about a rpi4b. and i really love it when mainlinux linux also works (gpu etc.) with some current video decoding (h265 etc.).
seems like, ā€œbest supportā€ with coreelec is the beelink gt king2

If you donā€™t need hd audio or DV yes it is .

Good for some things, but a media center ainā€™t one of themā€¦

why not? i have a rpi3b somewhere in the basement, would that better fit?

you mean the beelink does not support hd audio? it only must support passthrough for all audio codecs, everything else does my av receiver

I mean exactly that: There is still no support for HD audio on that. Just search here ā€œhd audio a311d2ā€
I have sold mine just because of that.
No passthrough support on hd audio. My AV system supports everything.
The new hdmitx driver is not complete.

First off you asked us and weā€™ve told you a recommendation. Second - you canā€™t use CoreElec on a Rpi, you need to use LibreElec, and as far as I know they still havenā€™t got hardware decoding working properly. As I said, they are handy for things like running a pihole server, etcā€¦ā€¦