Black screen on channel change. Pvr hts

Noticed that there is a black screen when i change channel in Kodi 21 nightly ,before picture comes back, don’t know when it started but had a copy of 20240410 and no problem there. No black screen and fast start of playback. Any idea what caused this ? Is there a archive for old nightlies so i can go back and see last working one ?

Tvheadend , Ugoos Am6B+

edit this is tested with stock nightly. No vs10 build.

It becomes black because there is only a still frame shown.
So it’s black and until it start to play the video it get visible again.

Just so i understand
So this is the new preferd way to handle live tv from now on ?

@Portisch
There is a regression in the latest nightlies where, for example, if you start the next episode without stopping or use start next episode addon, screen stays black for a while. Trying to bring up the UI restores the picture.

This channel change thing is probably the same.

Debug log: termbin.com/fzc2
Video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/oqyz4SUuA7Zh8r9N7

@Jonke

Is this the issue you’re having?

I have this problem too. The audio of the video plays while the image remains black. This also happens after starting videos without another video running beforehand.

Homatics R 4K Plus

THIS IS NO PROBLEM, AGAIN!
Video is just muted until playback starts. This depends on your system how long it takes. As soon frames are running at normal fps video is unmuted again.

Then I must have done something wrong. As a test, I tried CoreELEC-NO 20240412. And all of the above-mentioned abnormalities disappeared.

It was also noticeable that playing https://youtu.be/LXb3EKWsInQ with the last NE nightly 20240501 always led to the system freezing. With the 20240412-NO version everything runs smoothly again

Maybe it’s the Kodi update and not CoreELEC itself

Sorry, but this new behaviour with the black screens are bad, definately a regression.
Sometimes it won’t even recover until the user invokes the UI to come up, then picture returns.

I truly hope this can be looked at and not seen as a feature. This one turns a great experience into a defective system imho.

1 Like

It’s not exclusive to, but seems most noticable with live tv.

In my case it only happens when the box is connected directly to my soundbar.

I disabled the video mute for next nightly for testing.

2 Likes

Doesn’t happen anymore. Thanks.

Thanks for this. The system has returned to a usable state. Good stuff!