Bluetooth can't scan

Hi,
I am quite new on CoreELEC, I have installed ver 21.0-Omega-beta2 on my Odroid N2+. I would like to use Bluetooth using a usb dongle.
I have enabled Bluetooth in CoreELEC settings, but when trying to see available devices, it can’t find anything.

I’ve connected through SSH and when trying to do bluetoothctl scan on, I have the following messages:

CoreELEC:~ # bluetoothctl scan on
Discovery started
hci0 type 7 discovering on
hci0 type 7 discovering off

And it goes on and on, without finding any device. I tried with 2 different Bluetooth dongles and have the same error.

What could cause this ? I didn’t found any info on this problem and what could cause this.
Any answer, any idea is highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your help and have a great day.

https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:ce_support

Here is my log, registered while I disabled and re-enabled bluetooth, and tried a scanning:
https://paste.coreelec.org/EF2Wsj

EDIT : I just found this Nightly builds (NEW) - #2255 by crazyturk , maybe this is a known issue ?

It’s all right now.

Could you develop ? Did you do something to “make it right” ?

No, works fine with Clean install and subsequent updates.

So you did do something, you clean installed. Do you have a clue on what caused the issue on your previous build ?

Hi,

As I have a spare eMMC, I tried cleanly installing the nightly “20240113” for my N2 and simply boot it up. I am having the same problem with the same version so now I know for sure the problem doesn’t come from my configuration or installed software. It comes either from a bug in CoreELEC or from my hardware. I am using a basic Bluetooth dongle. Is there reports of Bluetooth not working with the latestn nightlies ?

Thanks in advance for any answer and have a great day

EDIT:
I unplugged all other USB devices and now Bluetooth works again. So there is a USB device interfering with Bluetooth. I will try by elimination.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.