Buffering playback 4K

So I got some 4k content playing through EmbyCon and every other minute it giving me the spinning wheel followed by: “source to slow read rate too low for continuous playback”. Not sure what the bottleneck is here… I’ve played 4k content before without any issues.

Kodi Version: 18.3
Hardware: Amlogic S905X
Internet speed: Download: 317.76 Mbit/s & Upload: 171.34 Mbit/s through usb 3.0 gigabit adapter.

Kodi.log: http://ix.io/1Phx
dmesg.log: http://ix.io/1Phy

any suggestions?

What is the result if you skip the USB gigabit adapter and use the ethernet port instead? 100 Mbit should be enough for UHD content and if you are having buffering issues, increase video cache (HOW-TO:Modify the video cache)

Alright, what shall I change? memorysize and buffermode?

i have S912 3GB RAM
i use:
memorysize:524880000
readfactor:20
advancedsettings.xml (153 Bytes)

Thanks,
will try this when I get back home, might gonna lower the mem size some, since my box has 2gb.

edit: this advancedsettings seems to be working with a 2GB amlogic device

<advancedsettings>
<cache>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<memorysize>324880000</memorysize>
<readfactor>30</readfactor>
</cache>
</advancedsettings>

I’m using lines below which adds a half GB buffer, but adds closer to a GB to memory consumption for some reason. I have a 4GB N2 so I probably would go lower on a 2GB board.

I did have a little trouble with some buffering and adding the buffer resolved it. Also improved fast forward function. Kodi was failing to fast forward properly. It was jumping back to the start point sometimes.

<buffermode>1</buffermode>
  <memorysize>524288000</memorysize>
  <readfactor>20</readfactor>

I am new to this forum but I faced similar issue here. I was trying to play a 4k video file over gigabit lan using coreelec. The video playback is choppy and stutter every few seconds. I tried to increase the buffer size but problem still exist.
Until yestersday this issue is not resolved. I happened to open up my asus router network map while I was doing the 4k video playback test. Inside router interface tab showed the coreelec box appearing in the wired and wireless interface. The wireless ip address disappeared once I stopped playback.

I started the 4k video playback again and open up the coreelec system 's network info. Yeah the link address is showing wifi ip address.
To make sure that 4k video plackback is thru wired connection, the wifi services is disabled in coreelec system tab.

The 4k video playback is now smooth without stutter !! It looks like the wifi is preferred over wired interface when playing file over network.

Please help us understand fully your issues! What box do you have and what specs? Gigabit Lan? Wifi 6?