Buying N2 in Europe

If it comes in to An Post they will add their charge … think about €10 … for diverting it to Customs or some such drivel.
You also need to add the carriage charge to the value for VAT purposes.

You are correct, there is a basic 1% or €10.00 customs handling charge levied by An Post. The price quoted was including postage. That brings the final price up to €112.00

Which makes the Odroid UK price €4.00 cheaper for our friend in Portugal.

Shoog

Lol?

This is a fair price, I recently shipped a device overseas from the UK and it cost ~£16 which is nearly €18 and this was the cheapest available economy tracked delivery option without insurance.

If your using a more premium service with quicker delivery times and insurance then the price will shoot up.

Then you have packaging materials that cost money and then you have the companies time taken to process the delivery of your item, storage, operational, tax costs.

You can order from China with free delivery and end up paying more than €24 in customs fees, here is an example of what I had to pay on one shipment of a device I recently took delivery.

I also bought from Pollin - ordered on a Saturday and was delivered to Austria by Tuesday.

@anon88919003 24€ for shipping overseas is not so fair! the only time i paid that much was when i bought my central speaker in the uk but that beast weight 10kg!
but still, order it from the uk or france is faster, and the package will not ended up in the customs so thats the way to go.

Postage from Korea by HK was going to cost about €40.00 Even with their latest discount thats hard to justify.

Shoog

How is that not fair? HK use DHL.

It recently cost me over €18 to return a device to China with Royal Mail, you have to account for the fact they are using a premium courier, packaging materials, staff costs etc… €24 is fair imo.

i was talking about the shipping from the UK to PT! sorry the misunderstood
and now they ask for 41 dollars HK - PT instead of 24 idk why!
anyway our best bet is to buy the board from EU resellers…

41 USD is the default shipping fee in the HK webshop.
If I log in, or give my address then it changes to 24.73 USD.

That’s true, but it’s not always $24. I think’s it’s $24 for most countries in Europe, but not all. Mine (Cyprus) it’s $41 unfortunately.

Does anyone know if Hardkernel are able to negotiate to ship without courier? Using cheap slow post office?

i logged in and simulated the buy. two weeks ago they asked for 24 dollars shipping and today they asked for 41. with my adress postal code etc.

What country, buximze?

the country is Portugal nd299

Further update from Hardkernel, we have fed some of the forum feedback to them and shipping to most EU countries has now been reduced from $41 to $22 giving you even further savings.

1 Like

Looks like theres a general non-availability of N2 stock. Anyone know a shop that has it in stock?

Germany:

In stock

https://www.antratek.nl/odroid-n2-amlogic-s922x-sbc-with-2gb-ram

In the Netherlands in stock…

Thanks both. If someone can help me a bit with how to setup N2 because my experience so far has been to use installtointernal on Android boxes (like s905 and s905). So for N2, i’ll also need to buy an emmc module right? (the android or the linux? Does it matter which?)
And then can i boot to coreeelc on sd card, and then use the ceemmc tool to install to the N2 internal mmc? (Similar to how i used to do on android boxes)

Yes, all as you wrote; you will need some USB to uSD card adapter to write images to uSD card on a PC machine, and then this adapter will be handy to make sure that you never brick your N2. With it you can burn CE images directly to eMMC module, without the need to go uSD->eMMC way with ceemmc tool…
By whichever 32Gb eMMC module is cheaper, it makes no difference which OS is preinstalled.

The emmc to microSD adapter was included with my official Odroid N2 emmc module. I didn‘t care about Linux or Android, as it was overwritten anyway.