BuzzTV Classic working

Hello,

I recently acquired a BuzzTV Classic and successfully installed CoreELEC 20.4 on it. Interestingly, I found that I could boot directly into CoreELEC without using the terminal method. Simply holding down the power button on the side of the box for 5 or 6 seconds. Subsequently, the box automatically boots into CoreELEC upon powering on.

I utilized the ‘sc2_s905x4_buzztv_x5’ DTB as the hardware appeared identical to the Classic, and everything functions smoothly. My connection is wired, and I had no trouble connecting to my WIFI network.
The only issue encountered was with the remote (BT-250). However, I noticed a similar remote, BuzzTV IR200, in the remote repository. I plan to install it and provide updates here.

It would be great to have a version for the Classic, as it shares similarities with the X5 version.
Thanks.

Update: I successfully installed the BuzzTV IR200, and everything works seamlessly, even with Bluetooth disabled. For installation guidance, I followed the instructions outlined in the PDF file titled “How to create Working Remote Control in Coreelec”.

Thanks to the CoreELEC team for their great work!

1 Like