C4 stuck at Hardkernel boot logo 19.2 & 9.2.7

I am having some issues with my Odroid C4 with CE installed the emmc. The first time it boots after using Rufus to write to the emmc on my PC, the Odroid boots fine and starts to resize the partition. Then, after 15 seconds it reboots and gets stuck on the Hardkernel boot logo. I can wait as much as I want, but it never continues. When I pull the power plug and let it go again, it gets stuck on the Hardkernel boot logo again. Thinking it may have been the fact that Matrix is still RC, I tried 9.2.7 which demonstrates exactly the same behaviour. Any idea?
Just for the record: I had 9.2.5 previously on the SD card and that worked fine.

Maybe your EMMC is damaged?!? Try with SDcard/USB, to see if it’s EMMC related.

Try also to write the C4 image with Balena Etcher. For me Rufus was a little bit peculiar. Maybe should be working.

Try to remove resolution.ini when found on COREELEC partition.

Hi all, thanks for your responses.

Try also to write the C4 image with Balena Etcher.

I just tried, it did seem to help at first, because it booted, then resized the partition and booted again, however when I selected ‘reboot’ it got stuck again at the Hardkernel logo.

Maybe your EMMC is damaged?!? Try with SDcard/USB, to see if it’s EMMC related.

In fact the first attempt was with an SD card, and it started to do funny (boot one time fine and stuck on Hardkernel logo afterwards". Thinking that the problem may be the SD card, I purchased the eMMC. Unfortunately with the eMMC it exhibits the same behaviour.

Try to remove resolution.ini when found on COREELEC partition.

It was there, I looked what it contained but there was nothing that looked weird to me. Anyway, I deleted it and it did have a minor impact: Instead of getting stuck at the Hardkernel logo, it now flashed the Hardkernel logo one time, and then got stuck at it. Probably it recreated the resolution.ini.

Any idea? I am starting to think my Odroid C4 is broken in some way.

Do other OS’s install without issues?

Please make a fresh clean install with last Matrix nightly:
https://relkai.coreelec.org/

There was a fix with resolution.ini what maybe can cause this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.