Can't install from SD card to EMMC on Odroid N2+

I have an N2+ which came preinstalled with CE a while back. The installation has gone through some updates up to CE20 20220921 but I am facing frequent freezes so I wanted to do a fresh install.

I have prepared an SD card in Rufus with the latest CE nightly v20 (20220921) and put it in the socket. Then I switched the SPI to Petitboot but when booting a few lines of errors flash by and then I am in the Petitboot menu options and CoreElec has not started or is available there. At the bottom of the screen there are some letters showing options for keypresses and the text

[mmcblk0p1] Processing new Disk device
Failed to launch petitboot, dropping to a shell

When pressing ENTER on the attached keyboard, it just generates the symbol “#”

What do I need to do?

OK, I’ve updated SPIBoot and then booted to the SD card via Petitboot. When I SSH into the box and run “installtoemmc” the script displays the message what it’s about to do but then nothing seems to happen. After a few seconds the network is just disconnected.

Do I need to format the EMMC or something?

Did you follow Wiki Option B? coreelec:odroid [CoreELEC Wiki]

Sure, otherwise “installtoemmc” would have triggered “No no no no don’t run from eemc…”
Maybe the script checks if CE is already installed on the EMMC and aborts?

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.