Can't set resolution to support 5:4 monitor

I just replaced a burnt-out PI 3 with a LePotato S905X to run a custom built digital picture frame. The monitor is from a Dell P1914S monitor with a 1280x1024 resolution. I have successfully loaded CoreElec 19.5-Matrix_rc1 and have gotten the Picture Slideshow screensaver installed to match what I had running prior. However, under the System/Display settings I can’t get the 1280x1024 resolution to show as an option. The closest is 1280x768. This causes all the JPGs to display with some black space on the left & right side. None of the available resolution options provide any better results. Any way to add/edit the resolution options to match a 5:4 aspect ratio monitor?

You can go to settings->CoreELEC → hardware → and enable VESA modes on display.

I have enabled the VESA mode and rebooted the system but I don’t see any additional resolution choices available in the System/Display settings. Anything else I need to set or change to enable this?

You can search for disp_cap in the forum to learn how to add modes.

Creating the disp_cap file with a line 1280x1024p60hz in the /.kodi/storage/userdata folder worked and I now have full screen displayed. Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.