CE not booting on updated Firmware Android 10 Mecool KM3 ATV

Thank you.

The files in the links are from 2019. And also the question is whether this allows downgrade from a higher Android version?
The files in the link here in the thread from Mar '21 were perhaps more recent? Most importantly, a downgrade worked with it.
But I will take a closer look at your links. In one of the links is a description of how such a USB burning tool works. This is important for me, because I don’t know anything about it.

FYI, it’s much easier for fiddling with Android versions to use “Burn_Card_Maker v2.0.2” with which you make a bootable uSD card with android.img on it. It boots and flashes automatically.
(P.S. this program may not work properly on all Win10 versions/machines; in that case use Windows 7 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

I am using Windows 8.1.

Put the bootable SD card in the powerless box. Then hold down the reset switch of the box with a toothpick and then connect the box to power. Then Android boots and flashes automatically.
Is that correct?

Yes, this is correct, if “bootable uSD card” was made/prepared with Burn Card Maker v2.0.2. Otherwise the box will not boot and start flashing. It must be made with mentioned program. What this program does differently is to first partition uSD card with 2 partitions. On the beginning of the card it makes a 16MB hidden (unallocated) partition, and the rest is then formatted in Fat32. On this second partition then go the files needed for flashing process.
(Btw, what is put on the first, hidden, partition I have no idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have tried Burn Card Maker v2.0.2 and v2.0.3 and I get the following error message:

L(1041 or 1037)check uboot file after read failed

I have tried two different images (AndroidTV 9).

SD card: Intenso 16GB - freshly formatted.
I am using Window 8.1.

Any idea?

EDIT:
I made a mistake:
“Erase Flash” must have “Force Erasing” selected.
And with “reboot” hook out.
Then no more error message came.

With my MECOOL KM9 Pro Classic I tried a downgrade from AndroidTV 10 to AndroidTV 9 and it didn’t work.

I tried this file: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397954434
And on the Internet I found (I do not remember where): KM9PRO.ATV9.V1.20191211.zip

With Burn Card Maker I wrote the file to a SD card and it was successful.
Under Windows there were two partitions: At the beginning of the card a 16MB hidden (unallocated) partition and the rest then formatted in Fat32.

I then put the SD card into the powerless box. A toothpick was used to press the reset button while connecting the box to power. At the front of the box, the blue LED lit up and blinked from time to time. After about two minutes, I stopped holding down the reset button with the toothpick. The LED remained blue and blinked from time to time.
After about 45 minutes nothing else happened, the screen stayed black. I disconnected the box from power again, removed the SD card and reconnected the box to power. It then started the AndroidTV 10 which was previously on the box with my settings.

I suspect this AndroidTV 10 is blocking a downgrade. On the two files was only the normal AndroidTV 9, but nothing to make the blocking ineffective.
The users here in the forum where such a downgrade was successful, certainly had files that made the blocking ineffective. Unfortunately, the links to these files no longer work (Not Found), for example here in the thread from Mar '21.

Which files do you have on the uSD card after it’s made with Burn Card Maker?
You should have these 3 files:
aml_sdc_burn.ini
aml_sdc_burn.UBOOT
KM9-ATV9.img
If you don’t have them all, then the flashing process cannot start…

1 Like

Yes, these three files are on the SD card.

Then, either your boot-loader got locked with new Android 10 firmware, or files on uSD card are not correct or corrupted.
IIRC, then the only method to revert the box to previous firmware is to shorten relevant pins on the circuit board and use “Amlogic_USB_Burning_Tool”. I’m not aware of any other possibility…