Cheapest device to run coreelec?

@jak i was actually looking them up, varied reviews when issues arise, though gearbeast had apparently given a return address within the UK in the past, weirdly it was FAO to a specific person, there is another business based at the location, I may contact them to find out, just for peace of mind.

I do agree that usual assumption things from china is one-way, but i’m not about to pay upwards of £40 to just throw away, funds don’t permit just throwing away that kind of money, which is why i had looked at the one i linked further back in this thread as via amazon, so easier if the device is faulty.

you can search aliexpress’s french and spanish stores. I bought x96 as in the link below.

@borza , shame i’d have to settle with an EU plug for that method with a travel adapter or buy a UK plug for it since only china does the UK plug, however, not entirely bad with those prices even with a keyboard

i noticed paying for shipping and the estimated by date seems rather excessive for a short boat trip from calais to dover(granted customs) but up to a month seems a bit much

Delivery to Romania lasted 5 business days. I placed the order on Saturday morning and received it at home in the next Friday. It was sent from France warehouse with a stopover in Germany. For you, in the UK, it should normally take less. And the shipping cost me less than the customs and postal taxes than if I ordered it from China. If I ordered from China I would still have to go to the customs office with all kinds of proof papers, to pay the 19% customs duty and another $ 1.5 postage fee and to wait in line. And the transport would have lasted about 5-6 weeks, in the happy case.
A 5V / 2A adapter is sure to find you for a few dollars locally.

@borza, I attempted to make a purchase with a discount code that gave me more discount than new user, payment failed and it had applied the lower, new user discount, i them fixed the card issue and tried to make payment again and failed for security and they want all these documents i refuse to provide, their customer support was trying to get me to clear cache for a different browser even though said i was using a different one to that, but told them i tried a different browser to get same issue, guess i won’t ever use aliexpress, more hassle than it’s worth, joke of a company

It’s just your choice. For me this is the best solution at the moment for a cheap smart tv box.
Now, thinking that they want to make sales and ensure the security of the transaction would be advisable to use what they say. Considering that on Aliexpress you make millions of transactions daily that do not fail means that the most likely problem is yours, not them. Indeed, there are several entities that are involved in a transaction with the bank card and sometimes there are problems, but they are remedied relatively quickly.
But as I said at the beginning, it’s just your choice, no one is forcing you.

@borza, i spent a little a little more and tried geekbuying, but i’m not comfortable with giving a chinese company my documents, also it was a paypal business card, not about to show them my paypal purchases and they’d likely say “that’s not a bank statement” and decline it anyway so would be pointless, but was trying to use that method as no additional fee’s to pay in non-GBP transation, whereas my bankcard would and the fee they charge to do the conversion when paying direct in GBP is a good bit of difference, then a fee on top if using paypal normally, not with the debit card, but since it was awaiting payment, it had to be linked with the card used to resolve, so gave up

I use Revolut card, has a good convershion between any currencies.