Combined Audio Output availiable by default

Referencing some manual aproaches after every system reboot:

https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thread/61932-HOW-TO-für-DUAL-Audio-Ausgabe-per-HDMI-und-Bluetooth/

Wouldn’t it be possible to have combined audio sink availiable by simply adding “load-module module-combine-sink sink_name=combined” to “/etc/pulse/ default.pa”?

https://kodi.wiki/view/PulseAudio

Unfortunately /etc/pulse/default.pa lies within squashfs, so some developer may need to test it and integrate it into CoreELEC by default.

Best regards
Martin

I know this thread is quite old, but as far as I know, the possibility still doesn’t exist and I would like to know why this is the case?
Is there something blocking the development or simply the lack of public interest?

You could try to load module manually from file /storage/.config/autostart.sh

pactl load-module module-combine-sink sink_name=combined

Yeah I was just about to try this, but when I execute the “pactl list short sinks” command then I can only find the HDMI (and the librespot) sink, not the spdif one and the analog output…?

Actually after I restarted the system there are no sinks and sources listed apart from the librespot one.
Do I have to execute a special command before, so that pulseaudio knows about the existence of the aml soundcard?

Have you tried loading udev-detect-module then listing sinks?

pactl list short modules

That will list your loaded modules … maybe post the list for idea?

This is what made it work for my case:

pactl load-module module-alsa-sink device="hw:0,0" sink_name=hdmi_output

pactl load-module module-alsa-sink device="hw:0,2" sink_name=spdif_output

pactl load-module module-combine-sink sink_name=combined 

I was planning to use the analog output of my X96 Max box, but no sound was coming out from there, maybe because it actually is an AV port and my aux cable simply doesn’t work there, idk.
So i switched to HDMI and connected the aux cable to my TV.
I’m not exactly sure if the naming of the sinks is correct but it works at least.
Interestingly, when i load the module module-udev-detect before it creates a very bad lag between the SPDIF and the HDMI output.

1 Like

I know it’s out of topic but I need help for GT king users. How to connect multiple (2 Bluetooth devices in same time and working both at same same time) preferably 2 Bluetooth headsets connected same time and working both same time in Gt king in Android 9? Sorry for bad English.