Command to completely disable CEC in "config.ini"

What is the proper command to completely disable all CEC functions in “config.ini” ?

You can do this in the settings addon. But you also need to disable CEC in the Mediacenter’s peripherals settings.

Where in the settings addon is this please ?? The only place I can see the disabling of CEC is in the Peripherals options. I have a problem occuring frequently and annoyingly as I have CEC and ARC working fine and enabled between my LG 55SJ850 TV and my Onkyo TX-NR686 AVR. This works perfectly most of the time and then suddenly I find find I have no ARC when using the live or smart TV and i cannot change the Onkyo selected source as usual using my TV remote as CEC stops working between the TV and streaming box.

This is happening to a friend of mine too and we both have differetnt boxes running CE 9.2.3 and different LG TV sets. The only way we can fix it is to reboot the Corelec streaming box and suddenly once it has rebooted all is fine again with ARC and CEC TV/AVR but it will later happen again for no obvious reason. So maybe there is somewhere else I need to switch off CEC in CoreELEC other than Peripheral Devices section as you seem to be suggesting. Please help as this is a very annoying problem that happens almost daily.

Thanks in advance for any advice and help.

This is happening to me too. Under settings there is CoreELEC settings. There is a tab “Hardware”

Thanks for you response Ray. Yes I know the Corelec Settingss section and use it often for backups and if ever I want to check network access or set up a WiFi (i normally use wired connections though as much better). But I look under Hardware in the CE settings page and as I thought there is no CEC options in there at all only Wake-On- LAN under the Power options, VESA Modes under the Display option, and CPU govenor options for ondemand or performace. So not sure where you mean. I cannot see how my Tanix box ruinning CE 9.2.3 with CEC disabled in the Peripheral devices section can have any affect on the operation of CEC/ARC between my TV and my Onkyo AVR. Anyone have any clue on why this is happening ??

It’s the CEC wakeup option.

All CE wakeup options are only accessable if using a Odroid N2 or C4 or if BL301 got injected.

Can’t CEC simply be removed or is it baked in these days?

Thanks Ray for your reply. Yes Wkae Up On Lan was already disbabled. But it seems also that if I power down teh CE stramming box then once again teh CEC and ARC between my AVR and TV also stops working untiol I reboot the streaming box ??? This is weird indeed. So still looking for a reason for this annd hopefully an answer as why would I need the streaming box up and working either in default Android or CE for the ARC/CEC to work between my TV and AVR ?? Does not make any sense. Same with my friend’s set up too who uses CE 9.2.3 with a different streaming box (Beelink GT King), later model AVR Onkyo NR 696 and a different and later model TV (OLED 65" 2019 model) The common factor is strangely ythe streaming box which must be on and must be in a state that leaves the TV to AVR CEC/ARC still working ???

I forgot that the GUI setting is only there for Odroids and devices what do have BL301 injected. You should be able to edit config.ini manually.
But the issue is mostly due to buggy u-boot from your vendor.

Same issue here. I got Pioneer VSX-932, LG 65oled TV and Odroid C4 running CE9.2.3. After a while the ARC from tv won’t work. I have to reboot or just disconnect CE to bring the ARC back on. I though the issue is with my receiver but it looks like its with CE. I tried to turn off CEC on CE but this does not help.

You need to disable CEC wakeup

You also can try libCEC 4.0.5 as it’s working on start but break after a while. This will maybe caused by libCEC:

So which config.ini file do I need to edit ?? Looked in the .kodi/configs folder but cannot find annthing that seems relevant to CEC. So you think it might be a buggy uboot from Tanix in the TX9 Pro box ??

Is this just for Odroid or more common streaming boxes like my Tanix TX9 Pro and my mates Beelink GT King??

/flash/config.ini

No such folder /flash ??? I assume you are talking KODI / CE system folders yes ?? I dont want to be messing much with Android as I really loathe that OS so much and try to avoid it as much as possible. Its why I will not entertain an Android based smart phone despite some excellent hardware platforms like Huawei gear which I really rate. I stick to my iPhones thanks as far better to use and far safer too, as well as solidly built too. But hey I digress, sorry

You need to ssh. We don’t use Android. We are a linux based operating system.

Okay thanks for that I will try ssh as have many times before but not for some while. Yes I know we don’t use Android but I have come across cases where the default Android system set up in our streaming boxes does affect CE operations and was guided on here once to check and change something in the Android settings files, just cannot remember what.

Editing the contents of the /flash partition.

This partition is mounted read only.
So you do need to ssh into the device and remount the /flash partition to make it writable.

mount -o remount,rw /flash

after which you can then edit the config.ini file

nano /flash/config.ini

Then reboot.

1 Like