Compile writable system

I compile my own release I would like a writable system folder, how can I do that?

By design most system is read-only (squashfs).
What exactly are you trying to achieve?

I would like to make adjustments directly in the system of some files I would not have to compile every time.

You could put some files in projects/Amlogic-ce/devices/Amlogic-ng/filesystem and they will be part of the image.

But without knowing details it is hard to suggest what to to.

Simple answer is no. If you know GNU system you could do it but if you don’t know how it’s better not to try it in the first place. As vpete wrote it’s squashfs by design if you want more control JeOS is not for you.

thanks for the reply
I need to know how to create in storage / kodi / userdata with some add-on settings right after compilation.

This is not easy doable. I did write some instructions back in the LibreELEC days. Maybe you could find it on their forum.

yes i found your posts. But I can’t do it yet. I tried to wrap it in Storage in the image but then it does not perform a resize can I somehow modify the resize code to make it executable even if there are other files in the folder?

You can do whatever you like when you have sources :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.