Completely Disable LIRC?

I’m unable to use the IR side of my remote control, which has had the keycodes cloned from an MCE remote and is received by an MCE USB adapter. This setup worked great under LE with Kodi 17.3 with no configuration, it just worked.

ir-keytable shows the MCE USB device however it never receives any keycodes from it when looking in test mode, despite the red LED on the adapter blinking as usual. From this thread it seems that someone else had a similar problem and it seemed to be related to LIRC blackholing the keycodes so they never get to meson-ir.

I’ve tried to disable LIRC in various ways, including symlinking the four LIRC services to /dev/null. I’ve confirmed those services don’t start however the LIRC device and protocol are still listed in the ir-keytable output…

Determinist:~/.config/system.d # ls -l
[...]
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             9 May  7 03:00 eventlircd.service -> /dev/null
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             9 May  7 03:01 kodi-lirc-suspend.service -> /dev/null
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             9 May  7 03:02 lircd-uinput.service -> /dev/null
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             9 May  7 03:00 lircd.service -> /dev/null

Determinist:~ # ir-keytable
Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event4) with:
        Name: meson-ir
        Driver: meson-ir, table: rc-empty
        lirc device: /dev/lirc0
        Supported protocols: other lirc rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6 sharp xmp
        Enabled protocols: lirc nec rc-6
        bus: 25, vendor/product: 0000:0000, version: 0x0000
        Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms
Found /sys/class/rc/rc1/ (/dev/input/event5) with:
        Name: Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared Remote Transceiver (045e:006d)
        Driver: mceusb, table: rc-rc6-mce
        lirc device: /dev/lirc1
        Supported protocols: other lirc rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6 sharp xmp
        Enabled protocols: lirc nec rc-6
        bus: 3, vendor/product: 045e:006d, version: 0x0200
        Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

This is on an Odroid-C2 running CE 9.0.1.

Sorry for not replying, but no I didn’t make any progress other than just simply disabling the onboard IR Receiver using the remote.conf file originally.

However, I updated my installation to 9.0.3 and it no longer picks up my MCE Receiver :frowning: