Confused about DVB Drivers

Hi all,

First off I’m sorry about the noob question but I have been unable to find an answer elsewhere.

I have an S912 box running CE and TvH Server & Client and using a PS3 PlayTV DVB-T tuner. In the installed add-ons | Program Add-ons there is CoreELEC Module Drivers which when run gives you the option of installing 3 sets of DVB Drivers. See here.

Also, in the my add-ons list I see 2 “DVB drivers from the latest kernel” that are not enabled.

I’m confused as to what to enable or install and why?

TIA

Greg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Greg

Also, in the my add-ons list I see 2 “DVB drivers from the latest kernel” that are not enabled.

This is actually a bug nobody noticed, so thanks for pointing it out.

First option is DVB drivers from 3.14 kernel
Second option is DVB drivers for TBS cards with CrazyCats additions
Third option is DVB drivers from latest kernel (4.19)

It’s pretty self explanatory, you use whatever works for your DVB adapter.

1 Like

AFAIK, its because state of support of DVB drivers in linux officially. Because some of them are supported Out of box, some of them not, during years persons trying do their best to support DVB tuners by their own.

So, if you have DVB tuner, which is supported in mainline kernel, best option. But if not (or behauviour isnt 100%), you have also other option to try a few different packages, and there is solid chance, that someone already get driver to work, and for some of package your DVB tuner will work.

1 Like