Constant Volume

Hi all,

I have an Odroid N2 that I use to watch FTA TV and movies that I have downloaded and one of my biggest hates is the inconsistent volume. Some scenes are load so you turn the volume down and then a couple of minutes later you cannot hear people talking so you have to turn the volume up.

And I’m not going to get started on the commercials on TV…

Is there anything I can do to make the volume more consistent?

TIA

Greg

Edit: Don’t mind either a software or hardware solution.

What you want is a dynamic range compressor.

Unfortunately, the Kodi DSP functions/hooks have been sidelined for this version, and potentially for the next few. That means an audio plugin/addon won’t even be doable in the near future.

You could buy a hardware one, but might interfere with your audio flow if you’re using more than 2 channels.

https://www.google.ca/shopping/product/9867580214875573488?q=audio+compression&safe=off&client=safari&hl=en-ca&biw=320&bih=454&tbs=vw:l,ss:44&prmd=ivsn&prds=num:1,of:1,epd:14217878118752365368,paur:ClkAsKraX8Mm59_MI1FlAghckaH1slxfta6kNTsKHCUdEuSQG1-SymPdVIqnymO9sSfqhpZKyah3D9JDOShSqSJ0VmRm15Y2QWJVe_yKTufc95PJJtjb-BIA1hIZAFPVH7312S-yMAYjhcgsTRhQAL0_hTZVUA,prmr:1,cs:1

comskip can help with volume variability in commercials…because it flags them and kodi will skip right over them. :partying_face: