Coreelec 19.2 on Scishion v88 Pro (Amlogic S905X)

Hi, and first of all thanks for all your work.
I have a Scishion v88 Pro box with Amlogic S905X and 1 GB RAM.
Everything works booting from SD Coreelec legacy version 9.28.
I tried booting from SD the new version 19.2 using DTB gxl_p212_1g (as I did for the old version):
it seems that linux is booting correctly (I enabled ssh con config.ini and I was able to collect the dmesg log https://pastebin.com/UVvmsFzp), but as soon as kodi starts the box hangs and eventually reboot (I also collected a log from the kodi startup https://pastebin.com/AgHZm3f3)
Do you have an hint on how to solve the problem?
Thank you
Alex

Hi everyone,
I tested also the new version 19.3 booting from SD, but the result doesn’t change: linux boots correctly, but when kodi starts the box hangs and, after a few seconds, reboots.
So, unless anyone has some hints on how to solve the problem, I think you should remove this box from the list of supported device for amlogic-ng builds: the advice is to stick with the legacy version 9.2.8 which I installed on internal eMMC and it’s working perfectly.
Thank you

Can you bite the bullet for last time? Try the 19.4_RC1, if not, than yes, Leia forever.

Your log is full of SD card access errors. That is why at some step you have issues.
Try with another card. For some devices cards <= 8GB could be better.

Hi everyone,
I followed your hints and try to boot the 19.4 nigthly build using a 2GB SD card.
The results are the same: linux starts correctly but as soon as kodi starts the box hangs and reboots after a few seconds.
Here are the logs: dmesg kodi.
Unless your find something useful in my logs, if there is no way to get more logging from kodi to understand where it hangs I guess there is nothing that we can do to make this box work on the new -ng builds.
Thank you

Minimum Android 7 on the box?

I installed CE 9.2.8 on eMMC, so I can’t check the original Android version, but I think it was version 6.

Hmm, you need to flash a bootloader at least Android 7 so you can get ng builds properly.

Start from here: Testers wanted: GXL, 1GB RAM devices, Amlogic-ng

Hi everyone,
I have now a working CE 19.3 installed on eMMC in my box, but it was not simple to get there.
Here are the steps:

1. I first flashed Aidan’s Android 7.1.2 TV rom v8 to upgrade the bootloaders.
  2. I download and install the app “Reboot to libreelec” on android to be able to make the box boot from sd
  3. I booted the box from SD with CE 19.3 and it worked
  4. I used the ceemmc tool even if the box was not supported: I was forced to try a dual boot install because the tool reported:
    Install in single boot mode not possible!
    No DT partition was found
    but the operation failed:
    e2fsck 1.45.7 (28-Jan-2021)
    Error running pclose on cmd: e2fsck -fy /dev/loop3. Error: 1
    Error executing cmd ‘e2fsck -fy /dev/loop3’
    Failed to resize partition ‘CE_STORAGE’!
    Rebooting the box android started but it was corrupted and I had to reflash the box with Aidan ROM and repeat all the steps.
    The second time I run the ceemmc tool twice: the first time gave the same error as before, the second time I choose to the option ‘Migrate CoreELEC dual boot to single boot installation’ taking Coreelec data from the SD
    On reboot Coreelec 19.3 started from eMMC at last!
    It was a pity that the ceemmc tool couldn’t setup a dual boot with CE 19.3 and the Android Aidan ROM that was working well, but I guess I can say I’m happy to have now CE 19.3 working on my box
    Thank you
1 Like

Glad to hear you still have a working box! Could try to get ATV Experience based on Android 9. Maybe that would allow dual boot.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.