CoreELEC 19.4-Matrix Discussion

We have German speakers in the team but this is an English only forum. Please translate.

1 Like

HI, das tauschen einer dtb aus der 19.3. “sollte” zum testen kein problem sein. ich musst auch bei meinem S905X2 eine andere dtb nehmen, da ich eine Fake Box hatte und mit der, die du hier genannt hast, meine Box nicht bootete. probier es einfach aus. Kannst ja nichts kaputt machen. Sicher Dir einfach die aktuelle auf den Rechner weg und nimm die funktionierende aus der 19.3.

HI, swapping a dtb from 19.3. "should not be a problem for testing. I also have to use another dtb with my S905X2 because I had a fake box and the one you mentioned here didn’t boot my box. just try it. You can’t break anything. Just save the current one on your computer and take the working one from 19.3.

I must say I love Kodinerds but we’re not in Kodinerds forum!

I know, i know. No log, no problem.
But i got problems with hdmi-cec since 19.4 rc versions, i start a movie and totally random breaks the hdmi-cec down, no warning only the remote works not anymore. I had the same issue with a previous version, there has the hdmi-cec driver change helped. I try to do a log, later.

Beelink gt-king pro, LG tv, logitech harmony touch remote

1 Like

Then post when you got a log…
You need to enable libCEC component logging in Kodi and share this kodi.log

There was a CEC fix today so all with 19.4 and CEC issues try first nightly 20220315 or above before report an issue.

ok i needed a lot of time to bring the issue back, i got a log but its over 50 mega and the system cant upload it (failed to paste log files, try again). i uploaded this here: 50.9 MB file on MEGA

on the last 10-20 min could something happen before that worked.

ok i will try the csc fix after a reload. thx

where can i download this version? and how to install? I see only 3.10 date images.

Tomorrow, March the 15th.

1 Like

ok thx for everything

I had exactly the same issue a little while back and found that when replacing with an older DTB on an updated image that it would prevent the box from starting at all.

I tested a variety of DTB’s and Portisch tried to help out with a custom DTB but that did not work.

I think that it might require the application of an SDIO Debug Board to provide the right information or the right DTB to be created.

In addition, of course, we have to accept that whilst the A95X Max box has worked, it is not officially supported, so we can’t have an expectation for things to work correctly all of the time.

What I do now, before I switch my box off, is to SSH in and run the command systemctl stop kodi

This stops Kodi and leaves the box in a state here it should generally feel safe to switch off without risking any form of Kodi corruption.

So far, touch wood, I have not experienced any issues.

This sounds more a kernel oops on shutdown.

So try it again and after it did reboot dump the pstore:

mount -t pstore pstore /tmp
ls /tmp/console-ramoops-0

If ls return is not empty there was a kernel oops and it can be dumped by:

cat /tmp/console-ramoops-0 | paste

http://ix.io/3Sic

Thanks.

What is the script /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/bt-audio-switch.sh?

Please try again with clean install, and also if it happen if bl301 is injected or not.

Looks like a remnant of an old and uninstalled bluetooth switcher addon.

bt-audio-switch.sh (665 Bytes)

Carried out clean install using SD card and latest nightly.

http://ix.io/3Six

bl301 injection returns error in inject_bl301.log of 'Can not find the bootloader partiton: /dev/bootloader!

Same problem here with a Odroid N2 with 19.4 RTM and also latest nightly (20220315). I too have an LG TV!

No logs for now.

@Compent please update with this “dirty” build:

After update try again if suspend is working.

Or you use 19.4 release and run in SSH:

echo "0" > /sys/devices/platform/aml_pm/time_out

Then try suspend

I updated this on top of the clean install.

I have never used the suspend feature before but I ran it and it seemed to suspend for about 20 seconds before waking up but giving me a black screen, although I can see that the TV is seeing the box. I can ssh into it and reboot from there. I also tried the power off funtion again and it rebooted.

Latest dump http://ix.io/3SnL

It’s somehow related to your Android image. And your device use some gpio different to standard. So if it goes down it check this gpio and resume as it think like power button pushed.

Helpful will be you open your box and attach real UART line so bootloader messages are recorded as well. It will tell us the reason for wakeup.

It’s not had Android installed for a long time now, so I think that can be ruled out.

But yes, I agree that UART will be required to solve it.

Thanks for your help.