CoreELEC 19.4-Matrix Discussion

ok thx for everything

I had exactly the same issue a little while back and found that when replacing with an older DTB on an updated image that it would prevent the box from starting at all.

I tested a variety of DTB’s and Portisch tried to help out with a custom DTB but that did not work.

I think that it might require the application of an SDIO Debug Board to provide the right information or the right DTB to be created.

In addition, of course, we have to accept that whilst the A95X Max box has worked, it is not officially supported, so we can’t have an expectation for things to work correctly all of the time.

What I do now, before I switch my box off, is to SSH in and run the command systemctl stop kodi

This stops Kodi and leaves the box in a state here it should generally feel safe to switch off without risking any form of Kodi corruption.

So far, touch wood, I have not experienced any issues.

This sounds more a kernel oops on shutdown.

So try it again and after it did reboot dump the pstore:

mount -t pstore pstore /tmp
ls /tmp/console-ramoops-0

If ls return is not empty there was a kernel oops and it can be dumped by:

cat /tmp/console-ramoops-0 | paste

http://ix.io/3Sic

Thanks.

What is the script /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/bt-audio-switch.sh?

Please try again with clean install, and also if it happen if bl301 is injected or not.

Looks like a remnant of an old and uninstalled bluetooth switcher addon.

bt-audio-switch.sh (665 Bytes)

Carried out clean install using SD card and latest nightly.

http://ix.io/3Six

bl301 injection returns error in inject_bl301.log of 'Can not find the bootloader partiton: /dev/bootloader!

Same problem here with a Odroid N2 with 19.4 RTM and also latest nightly (20220315). I too have an LG TV!

No logs for now.

@Compent please update with this “dirty” build:

After update try again if suspend is working.

Or you use 19.4 release and run in SSH:

echo "0" > /sys/devices/platform/aml_pm/time_out

Then try suspend

I updated this on top of the clean install.

I have never used the suspend feature before but I ran it and it seemed to suspend for about 20 seconds before waking up but giving me a black screen, although I can see that the TV is seeing the box. I can ssh into it and reboot from there. I also tried the power off funtion again and it rebooted.

Latest dump http://ix.io/3SnL

It’s somehow related to your Android image. And your device use some gpio different to standard. So if it goes down it check this gpio and resume as it think like power button pushed.

Helpful will be you open your box and attach real UART line so bootloader messages are recorded as well. It will tell us the reason for wakeup.

It’s not had Android installed for a long time now, so I think that can be ruled out.

But yes, I agree that UART will be required to solve it.

Thanks for your help.

Here’s todays logfile of the problem with activated libcec component logging: ix.io/3Sy0

System was booted, a movie was watched and afterwards CEC connection was lost (tried to stop the movie manually when the credits began).

Please just test this devel build if something change, what I do not think. But just please have a try: 229.77 MB file on MEGA

I gave it a try and it had the same results as before.

Thank you.

I’ll look into getting a UART bridge board.

1 Like

My last post about successfully solving the random CEC wake-up issue in 19.4_rc3 by uninstalling some plugins was incorrect. The issue goes on also in 19.4 final release. Now I am testing the 19.5-Matrix_nightly_20220315 build from a SD card and I have not noticed any CEC wakeups within the last 30 hours (or so) yet. However, it has other issues, as expected :frowning:

Moving from 19.3 on the N2 there are combing artifacts over faces and things that are moving watching interlaced broadcast TV.

The effect looks identical to when /sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_all is set 0 in 19.3.

Setting bypass_all to 1 no longer seems to have the same an effect in 19.4.

Anyone know of a different way to move it back?

I’m having some issues with my Odroid n2+ when booting via NFS on 19.4 (on 19.3 it boots fine). I’m just getting a black screen then it reboots so I’m not able to see what’s going wrong, something to do with the NFS upgrades done in 19.4 ?

Any suggestions on how to debug this ?

I have also had problems with my n2 not always powering on and off correctly from Harmony remote. I followed your instructions but on sp1 the screen froze. After changing back to eMMC boot everything working well so far. Is that the correct procedure to follow?

I started a thread in the SBC N2 section some time back regarding playback issues after listening to multichannel audio. Lots of views, but no answers, unfortunately.
I’m on the 19.4 nightlies updated on my eMMC and and after I play a 5.1 or 5.0 FLAC audio track (I have a number of multichannel albums ripped from my SACD/DVD-A collection at 88.2kHz or 96kHz), then I can’t play back a regular 2.0 FLAC audio (ripped from CD at 44.1kHz), nor can I hear the GUI navigation sounds. I can play any number of 5.0 or 5.1 tracks successfully but I don’t hear GUI navigation between selecting albums.

In order to restore navigation sounds (and 2.0 CD format playback), I have to play a 2.0 track at 48kHz or above. Anything which is not at 44.1kHz will do - internet radio MP stream at 48kHz (BBC radio), high definition stereo audio at 88.2/96/176kHz will restore navigation sounds and normal stereo FLAC playback.

I burned an SD card with a clean 19.4 nightly and also 19.4 stable and I have the same issue. The legacy 9.2.8 works perfectly but this is EOL, so no point :sob:

I’m using an N2+, so it’s the recommended hardware platform. I’ve been using this box successfully with prior builds. I can’t say for definite when the problem started, but it’s in the 19.4 stable.

The 19.4 log - http://ix.io/3RIU
The 9.2.8 log - http://ix.io/3Sz1

I see lot of USB issues which probably cause some issue in kernel later.

Can you upload 2 samples (5.1 and 2.0) and also tell us which audio output you have selected in Kodi.

And next time please reboot the device to get started from clean state.