CoreELEC 19.4-Matrix_rc2 Discussion

Willing to do so, i only have an update zip and linux flash-tool - any how-to link available?
Or is it possible to downgrade to 19.3 with ceemmc?

Weird Ethernet “Always On” Behaviour:
I have 2 CE installations on my N2. On eMMC I’m running rc1, and on uSD rc2. On both version I have disabled “Wake on LAN” in CE configuration and in “config.ini” (wol=0).
If I use only eMMC (uSD not attached) and power off via Power Menu → Ethernet turns off.
If I use only uSD (eMMC not attached) and power off via Power Menu → Ethernet turns off.

But if I boot from uSD card with eMMC attached and then power off via menu, N2 turns off but Ethernet port stays On. Then to turn LAN off I have to disconnect power supply.

Any way to fix this?

@heurtebise , boot from sd or usb card, execute ceemmc and use renew option, but renew only FLASH partition.
https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:ceemc_sce

Me it gives me this error when i try to install with my Mini M8S

CORELEC-Amlogic-ng.arn-19.4-Matrix_rc2.tar is not compatible with Amlogic.arm hardware - update canceled

This means is not compatible with the Amlogic s905?

Thanks a lot gents. I now have flashed only the FLASH partition with 19.3 and I have my box back!
Much appreciated and kudos for your work and support.

Simply put, no. S905 without any suffix is not compatible with CE-Matrix. There is nothing you can do about it. You should retire your old box and upgrade to a ng (next generation) device, preferably with S905x3 SoC. It has long term service status from AMLogic.

1 Like

No: CoreELEC 9 (Leia) End of Life Announcement
You need to stay on CE 9.2.8 or search other OSs for this box.

Beelink gtking issues, device is rebooting when idling and audio problem meaning audiodevice must be set to allways on or specific timer to prevent repeated notifications on sony tv - example: when pressing arrows keys on remote with sound effect.

Both issues occured after update to latest ver.19.4-Matrix_rc2 from 19.3

Since upgrading to this release my GUI SOUNDS are intermittent. I’m using an Odroid N2+

The “clicking” sound you get when navigating menus seem to skip every 2nd key press.

My audio setting is AML-AUGESOUND, HDMI MULTI CH PCM" which I’ve been using forever for my dolby atmos receiver.

Any ideas?

1 Like

Only logs could help the devs to get the picture. No logs, no problems. :slightly_smiling_face:

https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:troublesteps

1 Like

I have fixed by selecting “keep audio device alive” to always. Havent had to do that in previous releases but it has fixed it.

2 Likes

I’ve got the same setup as you, @Hashman, and even with keep alive it’s going crazy lately.

I’m ordering an emmc from ameridroid (to the UK) as they’re on sale, but I’m also ordering a radxa zero, as I fear the n2+ is just having too many issues.

1 Like

Hint: Zero2 - Radxa Wiki

But I don’t know when available…

2 Likes

@oastra, your x2 issue with DI content should be fixed in current nightly.

It works ! , many thanks for the support

Hello,
update to latest ver.19.4-Matrix_rc2 from 19.3 (odroid N2)
Now no remote control.
I use Amremote with remote.conf file.
Any help ?

I use N2+ & 19.4 rc2:
when select AML-AUGESOUND, HDMI MULTI CH PCM & select speaker “7.1”
the input in avr pioneer set: “2.0” not “7.1”

this issue?
How do “7.1” speaker always work?

May be you mean AVR output set?

In kodi 2.0 or 7.1 is used only for multipcm, all passthrough audio AVR receives without changes.

AVR output set 7.1 ok
Question: Can the default setting always have 7.1 speakers for all pcm?