CoreELEC 19.4-Matrix_rc2 Discussion

Boot from USB stick with 19.4 rc2 and check if you see /dev/CE_FLASH and /dev/CE_STORAGE.
You can also try to mount them

mkdir /media/mmcp1 /media/mmcp2
mount /dev/CE_FLASH /media/mmcp1
ls -l /media/mmcp1
mount /dev/CE_STORAGE /media/mmcp2
ls -l /media/mmcp2
umount /media/mmcp1 /media/mmcp2

and copy/paste text from terminal here.

To repair the box you just need to copy kernel.img, SYSTEM and dtb.img from working version to the emmc.

Here the output:

CoreELEC (official): 19.3-Matrix (Amlogic-ng.arm)
CoreELEC:~ # ls -la /dev/CE_*
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 179, 7 Aug 6 14:43 /dev/CE_FLASH
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 179, 8 Aug 6 14:43 /dev/CE_STORAGE
CoreELEC:~ # mkdir /media/mmcp1 /media/mmcp2
CoreELEC:~ # mount /dev/CE_FLASH /media/mmcp1
CoreELEC:~ # ls -l /media/mmcp1
total 223696
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 209944576 Jan 31 16:53 SYSTEM
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 48 Jan 31 16:54 SYSTEM.md5
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1466 Jan 20 09:16 aml_autoscript
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2176 Jan 20 09:16 cfgload
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 6357 Jan 24 18:57 config.ini
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 8192 Jan 1 2015 device_trees
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 68144 Jan 31 16:54 dtb.img
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 8889 Jan 1 2015 dtb.xml
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 19001344 Jan 31 16:54 kernel.img
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 48 Jan 31 16:54 kernel.img.md5
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 483 Jan 24 18:57 resolution.ini
CoreELEC:~ # mount /dev/CE_STORAGE /media/mmcp2
CoreELEC:~ # ls -l /media/mmcp2
total 20
drwxr-xr-x 14 root root 4096 Jan 1 2015 coreelec_storage
drwx------ 2 root root 16384 Apr 29 2021 lost+found
CoreELEC:~ # umount /media/mmcp1 /media/mmcp2

This is when I boot an 19.3 from SD and after I have already copied over SYSTEM, kernel and dtb from there. I took a backup from the FLASH partition. And 19.4rc2 doesnā€™t boot from SD.

You have to boot 19.4 rc2 from USB stick and see if this boots or not.
If it boots check if you see both /dev/CE_FLASH and STORAGE.

Actually try booting this image from USB and SD card.

If it boots post dmesg

dmesg | paste

Tried now USB: 19.4rc2 does not boot, 19.3 does.
About your file, as its not an image, do I just paste the SYSTEM, KERNEL and dtb to an existing 19.4rc2 flash partition on an USB stick?

Yes, just copy those 3 files from my .tar file.

I have tried both, USB and SD with an new install 19.4rc2 and replaced the mentioned files (and only those, not the .md5 and corrected the upper/lower cases/extensions) - but could not get past the boot logo unfortunately.

Maybe you should reflash last version of Android to device and set everything again. It is confirmed by one other user that 19.4 rc2 boots on his device from SD card.

Willing to do so, i only have an update zip and linux flash-tool - any how-to link available?
Or is it possible to downgrade to 19.3 with ceemmc?

Weird Ethernet ā€œAlways Onā€ Behaviour:
I have 2 CE installations on my N2. On eMMC Iā€™m running rc1, and on uSD rc2. On both version I have disabled ā€œWake on LANā€ in CE configuration and in ā€œconfig.iniā€ (wol=0).
If I use only eMMC (uSD not attached) and power off via Power Menu ā†’ Ethernet turns off.
If I use only uSD (eMMC not attached) and power off via Power Menu ā†’ Ethernet turns off.

But if I boot from uSD card with eMMC attached and then power off via menu, N2 turns off but Ethernet port stays On. Then to turn LAN off I have to disconnect power supply.

Any way to fix this?

@heurtebise , boot from sd or usb card, execute ceemmc and use renew option, but renew only FLASH partition.
https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:ceemc_sce

Me it gives me this error when i try to install with my Mini M8S

CORELEC-Amlogic-ng.arn-19.4-Matrix_rc2.tar is not compatible with Amlogic.arm hardware - update canceled

This means is not compatible with the Amlogic s905?

Thanks a lot gents. I now have flashed only the FLASH partition with 19.3 and I have my box back!
Much appreciated and kudos for your work and support.

Simply put, no. S905 without any suffix is not compatible with CE-Matrix. There is nothing you can do about it. You should retire your old box and upgrade to a ng (next generation) device, preferably with S905x3 SoC. It has long term service status from AMLogic.

1 Like

No: CoreELEC 9 (Leia) End of Life Announcement
You need to stay on CE 9.2.8 or search other OSs for this box.

Beelink gtking issues, device is rebooting when idling and audio problem meaning audiodevice must be set to allways on or specific timer to prevent repeated notifications on sony tv - example: when pressing arrows keys on remote with sound effect.

Both issues occured after update to latest ver.19.4-Matrix_rc2 from 19.3

Since upgrading to this release my GUI SOUNDS are intermittent. Iā€™m using an Odroid N2+

The ā€œclickingā€ sound you get when navigating menus seem to skip every 2nd key press.

My audio setting is AML-AUGESOUND, HDMI MULTI CH PCM" which Iā€™ve been using forever for my dolby atmos receiver.

Any ideas?

1 Like

Only logs could help the devs to get the picture. No logs, no problems. :slightly_smiling_face:

https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:troublesteps

1 Like

I have fixed by selecting ā€œkeep audio device aliveā€ to always. Havent had to do that in previous releases but it has fixed it.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got the same setup as you, @Hashman, and even with keep alive itā€™s going crazy lately.

Iā€™m ordering an emmc from ameridroid (to the UK) as theyā€™re on sale, but Iā€™m also ordering a radxa zero, as I fear the n2+ is just having too many issues.

1 Like

Hint: Zero2 - Radxa Wiki

But I donā€™t know when availableā€¦

2 Likes