CoreELEC 19.4-Matrix_rc2 Discussion

I found a bug in 19.4 rc2. In my odroid n2 after update wake up with mce remote stopped working. I had to manually turn on the device. After reverting to 19.3 wakeup works as before.

I have the same problem with KI Pro
Does not work on SD card
But it works well with Pendriver

If I use the same card in a flash drive to sd card and insert it into the usb port it works perfectly
card sandisk

Hi,
Iā€™ve been using CoreELEC 19.4rc2 in a maybe not tested environment and encountered an issue that went completely away again after downgrading to 19.3.
Iā€™m using a s905x3 box and my tv and this box are connected to the same switchable outlet. Iā€™ve an Android TV that always takes a bit to bootup and this might be where this issue comes from since it ā€œfeelsā€ like an initialization issue:
Since 19.4 if I switch on the outlet, the TV is fully boot-up and is switching to the input with the ARM box I always get a black picture, yet it is running. Rebooting it by using an app sometimes fixes this but not always. Disconnecting only the box from power and connecting it again, while the TV remains on, however always fixes it.

Mecool K1 Pro

I had latest stable release working fine running on SDCard (19.x matrix, I believe).
Last night CoreELEC said that there was an upgrade. I thought it was a stable release so I agreed, and now it doesnā€™t boot complaining about ā€œCould not mount LABEL=COREELECā€.
After removing the SDCard it booted fine from internal (9.2.7). Then I let it update to 9.2.8, but HBO addon doesnā€™t work, complaining about some new version that doesnā€™t exist in any repository.

How can I revert to the previous matrix version in the SDCard?

I had this earlier this week. (details above and post your box details in hope that the new kernel finds a fix for this).
I just moved the KERNEL.img(rename it after move) and SYSTEM from the old .tar upgrade of the version that you had working to the SD card. It then booted right away.
also, I noted that running the new rc2 worked when using a USB stick as boot.

Thanks, vpeter told me what to do in a PM and itā€™s basically what you said. Working now :+1:

After auto update 19.4_rc2:

• hdmi-cec stopped working after hdmi source change on tv (only restart helped),
  • got judder by playing movies,
  • juddered movie got out of sync

downgrade back to 19.3
beelink gt-king pro (have no log :frowning: )

So no problem.

1 Like

Hi

I have the same problem as sulko in that this has broken power on by IR remote with my Odroid N2 and MCE remote.

Works fine when I downgrade back to 19.3.

Apparantly stable builds still ask to be updated even though everything is set to manual/donā€™t notify. I thought that one got solved some time ago.

Well,someone must have answered yes and i got a message N2 crashed, black screen and sound being ā€˜stuckā€™ forever repeating.
Never ever seen this before, guess itā€™s the new kernel. Had to quickly fix it by rolling back (main system) but i could try and reproduce if nessecary. It seemed to crash just changing channels, SD channels that is. HD channels do not have the issue. I would think these basic issues would have been noticed immediately. Nothing special about my setups, all pretty basic with minimal add-ons.Might try again later if i got some time ā€¦

As usual, no logs, no problem. I have no problems with new kernel and SD channels. That doesnā€™t mean there isnā€™t one, we just canā€™t guess what it is without users feedback with logs.

Recently I updated my A95X Max box from 19.3 to 19.4.rc2 stable image, and have a
problem to switch off.Whenever I want to shutdown the unit, it immediately reboots.
2. change dtb von 19.3 no boot?
pls help

As stated i will get back to this issue, just thought it was weird that it ā€˜hangā€™, never saw that with any update before.

Yes, itā€™s weird. Weā€™re trying to figure out some adjustments in new kernel so every piece of information can help

I am using CoreElec on an oDroid N2 (not the Plus variant) and I noticed an issue with GUI set at 4K. It looks fuzzy, but I did not personally test playback. Another user posted on Reddit some photos and I can confirm I have the same issues on my oDroid N2.

Temporary solution for now is to enable Disable GUI scaling in video settings and reboot.
We know about it already. It doesnā€™t affect on video playback, only on osd, GUI elements in 4K

I have setup a seperate system (C4) which does not have this behaviour.
Iā€™ll keep the testsystem running for possible reproduction.

The only thing i have noticed so far on the test system is that long press has become looonnnnggggg press. Will have a look later where to adjust these values with the new kernel

Hi all
Iā€™ve been using CoreELEC since some time and enjoying your great work - many thanks for this.
Since last week I have now two non-booting Minix Neo T5 (S905x2, CE installed internally, single boot), both worked until the update to 19.4 (from 19.3).

I cannot confirm the label issue - at least for FLASH, not sure about Storage:
CoreELEC:~ # fatlabel /dev/CE_FLASH
CE_FLASH
CoreELEC:~ # fatlabel /dev/CE_STORAGE
Logical sector size is zero.

Also I have tried to copy over the following files from a running CoreELEC 19.3 to the internal flash partition:
CoreELEC:/tmp/2 # cp /flash/SYSTEM .
CoreELEC:/tmp/2 # cp /flash/SYSTEM.md5 .
CoreELEC:/tmp/2 # cp /flash/kernel.img .
CoreELEC:/tmp/2 # cp /flash/kernel.img.md5 .
CoreELEC:/tmp/2 # cp /flash/dtb.img .

still no luck in booting. What else can I try?
The original flash partition is saved and can be uploaded for analysis.
No error found in init-previous.log. The box also does not boot from a 19.4 SD card.
Many thanks for your appreciated help or hint on how to proceed to get this brick booting again.

You will have to explain little more where it fails booting. What is the last thing on the screen?

Hi vpeter
I can only see the Minix logo looping and no CE booting screen.