CoreELEC 19.4-Matrix_rc3 Discussion

@Feromon, some active elements in GUI could cause high CPU usage.
Also after video stops some addons could update their data, EPG could be updated and etc…
Clean install and installing addons again one by one could show you who eats CPU.

I am not sure I understand. “switch off it on box and TV to not use it or correctly configure and exclude rules to wake up box or switch on active source”?
I already switched off basically ALL the CEC wakeup/standby settings (despite of the fact that I would like to use some of them).
It looks like I need to shutdown the box correctly at least twice, not just once, to get rid of the changelog screen forever.
OK, let’s try again…

Any idea to help me ?

Kodi is unusable.

You haven’t provided any log. You can try a fresh install from a uSD card and see if the problem occurs. I own a GT King and didn’t have any problem with it with this update.

The Problem exist after disabling all addons. High CPU load remainig until reboot.

Make fresh install on SD card/USB stick and repeat issue there. Without installing any addons. Then install addon by addon to find out which one is the problem. Because probably it is one addon.

@Ben1102 please use your last running nightly, update with this tar:

After the update please exchange your dtb.img with the new g12b_s922x_minix_u22xj_max_rev_a.dtb.

log-2022-02-21-15.40.13.zip (294.2 KB)

I must add that I changed skin to original kodi skin and problem are same.
last test, kodi works 5 mn and freezes (sometimes black screen when video runs).
restarted 50 secondes later without rebooting and do that many times.

Problem when navigating in menus or listening music.
type of action is not the cause but using system seems to be it.

For you it is the same as here

Because of multiple crashes, I have to reinstall everything. :-(((

At least now you will start with working device. Until you install bad addon :innocent:

Before RC3 it seems I had no bad addon.

There was a addon API bump from team Kodi. Do install everything from scratch and it will working again.

For all of you who can’t boot from SD card: can you try this image?
And if it boots post url for command

dmesg | paste
1 Like

MINIX NEO T5. I tried this file. Boot from SD card and USB stick. After the MINIX logo, restart loop, impossible to issue the command.

did not work! same screen error.

For those that are seeing hanging upon the presence of the CE logo, do you initially notice that soon after the logo appears there is a small flashing off white (looks like text) towards the upper left of the screen?

I have a perfectly black screen with a white word MINIX. I don’t have a blinking cursor. The logo disappears after 2-3 seconds and reappears in the boot loop. The last working bulid for my device is 19.4 RC1.

@Piter we have a Minix NEO T5 by using g12a_s905x2_2g_1gbit and booting rc3 just fine. So you will need to search for the reason on your side. You got already hints to perform clean install, different boot media and other ideas…

Or you open the device and do make a UART log:

For now, I don’t want to reinstall all from scratch.
I update from RC3 to RC2 same problem
I update from RC2 to 19.3 same problem

Before updating to V19.4 RC3 all this previous version worked well

Can you take a look to my log to say what addon is the problem ?
Thanks
log-2022-02-22-11.40.16.zip (544.2 KB)