CoreELEC 19.4-Matrix_rc3 Discussion

Open your device and attach a UART logger on the board to get log of the bootloader. Don’t ask how as none in the team do have such hardware. Use Google please, thank you.

joaolevi, please format one SD card with

and put in your device together with USB stick. And then try to boot and tell us does it boot or does it stuck?

I did as requested, error persists @vpeter

Mod note: I think this is result of booting from SD card.

Latest version of CE on an Odroid N2 using default interface and no weird/illegal plugins. My issue isn’t specific to this build and happened at least on the prior build, and maybe the one before that, but definitely not earlier than that, and certainly not for the couple years I’ve owned it.

Basically every time I reboot, Movie Categories automatically starts off with Studios selected as the first item, as if I’d just been in there. Only I haven’t.

The list is still the same as it should be with Recents on the far left, meaning I have to do a ton of clicking left to get back to Recents. TV Shows similarly starts off wrong with Actors as the active item. My Addons is fine, and other main menu items I have turned off.

Any idea what’s going on here?

First of all, thanks for your hard work on providing this software for free, it is greatly appreciated. Today I got the notification of the automatic update on my Odroid N2+. Unfortunately since then I experience video stuttering on several different files and also audio stuttering on one. I know those worked flawlessly before. Toggling the “hardware acceleration amcodec” or the “adjust display refresh rate” doesn’t change anything. The log doesn’t show all files I tried but maybe it helps debugging, especially if this is something others will report, too. Logs: http://ix.io/3Q5R

Any suggestions would be appreciated or else i will probably just manually install the older version again for now.

If you use 4k GUI resolution then you need to select all 1080p and 2160p resolutions/refresh rates that you want to use in whitelist for correct resolution/refresh rate switching…

Serial : 290a4000011015000002313956584d50

This is from minix android system info

These are from nightly build 20211222 system info

Thank you! Whitelisting all options didn’t do it but switching the GUI to 1080p did :). This setting must’ve still been impacted by the update because I didn’t change anything. Anyway, it works now. Thanks again.

1 Like

Boot again last working version and then try this update:

still no luck
after update it just kept rebooting again and again (it shows minix logo then went off)

hello,
yesterday I downloaded the latest version of CorELEC 19.4 RC3 on RC2 and since then my Beelink Gt King has not stopped bugging. It hangs, network loss and reconnects after a few seconds displaying the release note. My box has become unusable and even when reverting to a previous version of 19.4 it has the same problem.

Please pick again the minix Max DTB from the update. The file size is about 38kb. It’s possible the naming do not match.

If still not booting use last working CE version and start it. Then dump Android DTB:
https://wiki.coreelec.org/start

Or here somewhere in the forum

the exsiting dtb is 38kb
and I replaced it again, still not working

Minix Neo T5. CoreELEC 19.4-Matrix_RC3. Single boot. There is no android.
As of 19.4 RC2, all builds, including overnight builds, will restart right after the initial MINIX string in the loop.

Dump Android DTB!
https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:troublesteps#extracting_a_device_tree

@Ben1102 it’s not necessary anymore as I got the ids already. But I don’t know which one your device is using. I think best is to install a terminal program on Android and dump the amlogic-dt-id.

Like with these cmds in console:

su
cat /proc/device-tree/amlogic-dt-id

But I am not sure about the path in Android. Or you install any other Android analyse tool. We search for a information like g12a_w200_a or g12_w400_a or something similar.

@Piter, does this RC3 start from SD or USB card?

I currently have version 19.3 on my device which works OK (autoupdate disabled). 19.4 RC versions try to boot from SD card and USB and after MINIX logo reset in a loop.

In my case I’ve found the occasional microstuttering was due to the subtitles. The best workaround I’ve found so far is to put in advancedsettings.xml:

<gui>    
  <algorithmdirtyregions>0</algorithmdirtyregions>
</gui>

You’ll still get one stutter the first time a subtitled is displayed, but from thereafter it’s smooth sailing.

Installed using update file on Minix u22-xj and everything works fine. (The only weird thing with this update was a strange boot immediately after the install (felt like a crash), usually update installs fine and boot into coreelec so not sure about this mysterious boot, scared for a second but all works after that first boot crash).

Thanks Coreelec team for providing this free software and giving another life to useless boxes like minix u22-xj

1 Like

Lip sync issues on N2. Been widely reporting, seems on and off between releases. Nightly 1502 was fine then after that it reappeared and is in RC3. 19.3 is fine. I’ll just stay on that. I assume it’s just dtb fun and games.