CoreELEC 19.5-Matrix Discussion

The Kodi logic is based on the pseudo filename interpreted from the web page and not the parameters. Since there is a Kodi discussion on this hijacking this thread is a bad idea

What is the condition for the bl_301 inject function to appear in the CoreElec settings? Sometimes someone installs CE in the X96 box, and lately I don’t have this function there, the only option is via SSH, and then it also appears in the CE menu.

It’s hidden by default when it’s not 100% sure it’s working for the used SoC. When you apply it manually (override security) it will appear to be able to easily disable it again. Then it should disappear also again in CE settings.

2 Likes

So maybe add some new SoC revisions? They are all 905x3, I know that half of the box was OK, but now the newer ones are missing that function.

The problem with playlist has been resolved by Kodi team: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/22381

Can you confirm with this PR it’s fixed?
We think to skip 19.5 and make a new 19.6_rc1 release to skip this bug.

Can you try this build and confirm it’s fixed?

1 Like

I confirm. It works.

2 Likes

Looks like this fix will not be backport to Kodi Matrix by Team Kodi. They recommend to upgrade to Kodi Nexus where this bug have been fixed.

Does it mean that we are going to have CoreELEC 20.0-Nexus_rc3?

Looks like next version is final in a week or so: Milestones - xbmc/xbmc · GitHub

1 Like

I can confirm that your version is working well with .m3u (tvheadend) structure.

Are you going to make it “official” for 19.x CoreELEC?

Thanks and kind regards

19.5 is final, no fix will be included by Team Kodi anymore. If this bug is critical for you, you need to update to Nexus 20.0 what should be released soon.
They work already on Kodi 21.

I have a problem. wifi (HK5235f) have low speed on CE(3-4MB/s), but high speed on original Android.

I have problems with 3D switching with the Minix Neo U22-XJ Max. When I disable 3D mode, the picture distorts and the resolution is not correct anymore. With the Minix Neo U1 it works.

infinity

infinity :grinning: :laughing:

1 Like

I was currently still on 19.3 because I had CEC instability with my LG Oled TV with newer versions of CoreElec. I tried and skipped all versions of 19.4 because of this issue and gave 19.5 another try a few days ago. Sadly also with 19.5 CEC stops working after a while, sometimes after switching HDMI input, sometimes after switching the TV off and back on etc.

With 19.3 I loose CEC once in two months or so, but switching from hdmi 1 to 2 and back to 1 make CEC working again. This simple trick does not work with 19.5, the only to get CEC back working is restarting Kodi or CoreElec for which I need to use my tablet with a Kodi app.

Many thanks for a otherwise perfectly working 19.3 version, I really love the stability!

Any ideas or what info do you devs need to perhaps debug this problem.

Many thanks!

You might want to go here as it’s a libCEC issue with your used TV/firmware.

Thank you for response, is it possible to use the libCEC version from 19.3 with CoreElec 19.5 by copying/overwriting a specific file on my box?

I see they do not release frequently on libcec, and also do not really respond to new issues, so using the older version looks like my best guess.

After unzipping the libcec.so from both 19.3 and 19.5 tar files, I see they are both 6.0.2 and look almost byte the same;

C:\Work\Temp>fc libcec.so.6.0.2 libcec.so.6.0.2.19.3
Comparing files libcec.so.6.0.2 and LIBCEC.SO.6.0.2.19.3
***** libcec.so.6.0.2
i.MX
compiled on 2022-12-26 19:05:47 by portisch@ubuntu on Linux 5.15.0-56-generic (x86_64), features: P8_USB, DRM, P8_detect, AOCE
C
***** LIBCEC.SO.6.0.2.19.3
i.MX
compiled on 2021-10-24 19:26:53 by portisch@ubuntu on Linux 5.11.0-38-generic (x86_64), features: P8_USB, DRM, P8_detect, AOCE
C

26/12/2022 20:05 361.428 libcec.so.6.0.2
24/10/2021 20:26 361.428 libcec.so.6.0.2.19.3

So it looks like it something different which is cause me some pain. Since I went back to 19.3 everything is fine again with CEC on my LG 55C7 oled tv.

hmmm

I have device it’s specs
DreamMax B9S2X
S905D
1 GB Ram
8 GB internal storage
Montage m88rs6060 internal dvb
coreELEC 9.2.8 without NG
Everything works so good ( internal dvb, wifi, … etc)
With this dtb.img
dtb.img (40.6 KB)
My question is can this dtb.img modified to work on coreELEC 19.5 matrix and the internet dvb montage m88rs6060?
this log from coreELEC 9.2.8
http://ix.io/4kNt
@vpeter

1 Like