CoreELEC 19.5-Matrix_rc1 Discussion

Works here with DVBViewer PVR cleint without issue: HD → SD → HD, live or recordings.
Maybe you try on other platform if the same issue happen. Maybe it’s your addon to be used.

Thanks for your response. I am using TVMosaic and am planning to test with TVHeadend.

Edit: I have been able to test under Windows, Kodi 19.4 with TVMosaic 19.0.1 and the issue does not occur. Only in CE19.5RC1. Will test TVH next and switch if neccesary, since TVM is on life support.

Still, the issue only occurs after updating from CE19.3/4.

Is there any solution to this Bluetooth problem? This can be heard.

I’ve noticed something similar, but using hdhomerun pvr add-on.

I’ll have a play if I can narrow it down.

Matt

Ok, thanks. So apparently not limited to one client…

The odroid n2 image for 19.5rc1 won’t boot on me (tried update from kodi and flash of image on ssd), petitboot shows the same on trying to boot:
kexec: invalid 2nd device tree

I have an odroid n2 with SSD (60G) connected via USB. As flashing the 19.4 image means a bootable system again (and automatic upgrade resulted in the error again until I disconnected ethernet and change the automatic upgrade setting to manual) it seems to me this is an issue with the image itself, or my setup in combination with a change in the image.

1 Like

Maybe you have too old Petitboot?

Petitboot (PB) version 2022-03-17 or better is required.

https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:odroid

2 Likes

petitboot 2020something, so I’ll have to update, thank you!

Mecool K1 Pro.

I tried to update from nightly 202203?? to 19.5rc1. I found sound is broken for all playback (at least videos and PVR) and video also stops after several seconds (Kodi still allows me to quit playback). After some diggling I found that I can’t change Audio output device. It is forced to PULSE.

Then I downgraded to latest nigtly and jumped version by version back down to 20220416 which is OK. This version seems to be last which allows me to use Alsa.

Did something related to audio changed between 20220416 and 20220421?

I’ll update back to 19.5RC1 to provide logs in case it would be useful to solve this issue.

Tried with pvr.nextpvr and had no issue with the SD playback when a recording started. I know that the addon doesn’t request backend updates during playback to avoid possible toast messages, but you didn’t post logs to compare.

This version broke booting from EMMC for me. In the prior versions, it would boot to EMMC, there was a 5 second wait in the EMMC wait then it would autoboot into Coreelec. Now it boots into the EMMC menu and just stays there. I’ve had no problems until this version and had to disable EMMC on my N2 entirely because otherwise I couldn’t get past the boot menu with this version.

The issue is not with SD when a recording starts.
It occurs when an SD recording is played when selecting an HD recording and is pretty consistent. Will try and post log today.
I assume that a video playback change in .5rc1 causes this, saw there were a few.

I setup another system (N2), installed TVM PVR client and cannot reproduce the issue.
Systems are very similar, N2 vs N2PLus, 60fps vs 50fps.
Seems there is something else different on my prod system, will try with a clean install on the system that is currently showing the issue.

Yes, both kodi and dmesg logs required.
As temporary solution try to switch to ‘default, PCM’ if it works

What do you mean by broken? Slow and sounds like robots talking?
If yes then i had the same in the same time - i went on 16 of April to my Holiday and week later sound problems after nightly update.
Now i just removed all and sticked to 19.5 rc1 - fresh but and updates disabled.

After this update i got no sound on my s905x. I had to go to the configs and change audio options to make it work again. My box is only connected by hdmi.

2 Likes

Log is here: http://ix.io/3WSk

Switch to any other audio device not possible. Using 19.5RC1 Audio output device is grayed out and set to ‘Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)’. If I use nightly 20220416 I can set output to Alsa and it works OK.

Bluetooth is disabled in CE settings.

I tried to play some wav using aplay succesfully. This works. I also checked PA sound cards using pactl and there is no available.

I can load sound cards manually using:
pactl load-module module-alsa-card device_id=0

If I play any video from Kodi I can see PA is receiving output from Kodi so I could probably force it manually to connect correct. So far I don’t know how to archieve it. I’ll try to work around this issue later.

Could you also upload log from working build to compare?

Here is log after reboot to 20220416. Alsa is back available as audio device so I switched to it and checked that sound is ok.

http://ix.io/3WSE

2 Likes

Same here. No sound on a Mecool K2 Pro (S905D).

1 Like