CoreELEC 19 Matrix Discussion (Kodi RC)

Got a green screen the other day … I had not plugged in the HDMI cable from TV to box, and when I did (after CE had begun booting) all I got was a nice plain Green TV screen.

This a known “user” issue. How the device should setup the HDMI interface when not having a TV connected? Power off, be sure HDMI cable is plugged in and then start the device.

I am aware of all that … post was to rajawaqas with the thought that the HDMI cable was not properly connected.
Sorry that was not clear.

Just tried a usb stick formatted as exfat. This doesn’t work for me. Reformatted it as ntfs and it works. Is exfat not supported in kodi matrix?

It will be available in next nightly again.

Just a point of order regarding Matrix. When you update you can do it directly by .tar. at this point most of the mainstream addons will migrate safely. Some of the others, like Prime or Netflix is just a question of installing the correct reporitory and reinstall the addons. They’ll keep previous configuration (even login in Netflix so you won’t have to do the painful and necessary NFAuthentication).

2 Likes

ThAnks to all to reply mine problem of green screen issue. I am using 9.25 stable version now, when I switch on both led and android tv box via electricity button then screen becomes green for a second then becomes normal. I previously used core elec 19 matrix but green screen issue not resolved, when I switch on both appliances green screen issue exists and I switch off android tv box and on again then screen becomes normal. Sorry for bad English.

rajawaqas,

Try switching on the screen a little while before the tv box.
It might be the screen is not ready when the tv box starts.

Working fine on X96 Air but impossible to install in internal memory, no connection to Putty program

On my N2 there is no issue with system backup.
Running on emmc btw. Do you run from sdcard by any chance?

Rewinding, pausing not working on latest nightly.
Buttons are inactive.

UPD: update was installed incorrectly. It’s OK now.

No problems here. Rewinding, pausing etc. working fine for me with the latest nightly. Also exfat is working again. Thanks devs.

1 Like

Beelink gt king pro working on latest nightly.

A4KSubtitles & service.subtitles.subscene not working

I experience tearing while watching a video. Fist I thought it’s the video itself but the UI is tearing, too:

This is just with this one video, all other videos play fine and the UI is fine, too, as long as that video is stopped.

Try ssh root@ipaddress of the device (example: ssh root@192.168.0.10) from command prompt.

Windows version of Kodi Matrix has two new tonemapping algorithms for HDR > SDR, Hable and ACES Filmic, selectable from the video OSD during playback including a slider for adjusting its strength. Both work very well, far superior to Coreelec’s built-in conversion, which is essentially useless.

Is there any chance of these being added to Coreelec? I’m trying to switch to only collecting 4k HDR content for futureproofing, but don’t yet have an HDR projector and Coreelec’s built-in HDR>SDR tonemapping is unsatisfactory and unadjustable.

edit: I should add that when I switch the new tonemapping on and off during playback in Windows Matrix beta, there is no noticeable spike or dip in CPU or GPU usage, so it doesn’t seem like this should be something these devices can’t handle, especially N2 etc.

1 Like

It looks like it wasn’t implemented for GLES, only for OpenGL and D3D, so it’s not gonna work on any ARM devices.

I have these same tearing problems!
Reported here a long time ago, it seems to have no solution.

Are those tearing problems specific to Kodi 19? Do they occur on Kodi 18 builds?

Do you mean the existing code won’t work on ARM, or these algorithms are impossible to make work in Coreelec altogether?