CoreELEC 20.0-Nexus_alpha3 Discussion

All data on COREELEC partition is updated, except config.ini

I will double check this as I am sure my dtb.img file is the same one I copied and renamed from the earlier Device Tree folder when I originally set up my bootable SD card. How can the update know which device tree file I used ?? Just asking as this does seem a problem and indeed I do delete the dtb.xml file too but is this necessary for me to delete it or will it get suitably amended from the updated new dtb.img file I copied to the sd card root?

Each dtb has its own id, which CE reads and knows which dtb you are using.

Thanks for that info. Okay so the update does update the dtb.img file. So will this show the new date for the dtb.img file or does it only update the dtb.xml file or maybe both ? I would have to recheck with the next nightly update but I am pretty sure the dtb.img file still showed the same previous pre update date ??

I ask this question because a friend of mine with the same Ugoos X4 Pro box (with same month of manufacture 2209) first used the generic 19.5 rc2 build and found he had no USB ports active. Swapping to the generic 4G 1TB dtb did then give both ports working. He then upgraded to the latest 14 October nightly using the .tar file copied to the .update folder and properly installed with a reboot but still had the same problem with no USB ports active, so it appeared the dtb.img and/or the dtb.xml file did not update.

I then sent him the dtb.img file I was using (the sc2 bespoke Ugoos X4 one) which was from a virgin nightly install with which he replaced the dtb.img file on his SD card root and as I suggested also deleted the dtb.xml file. Then rebooted and now both USB ports working normally and all good.

Yes, dtb.img is always updated.

You can see this in ssh console

cat /storage/init-previous.log

Updating device tree with g12b_a311d_khadas_vim3.dtb…

Docker does not seem to work for me: Nextcloud container won't start - #2 by Rexter

(Though I haven’t tested it on stable, so this might not be a regression but something wrong with my device – Khadas VIM3l)

Thanks and good to know. So how did this happen with my friends Ugoos X4 pro box as I outlined. I accept what you say but do not understand why it did not work for my friend when he updated to the latest 19.5 nightly?? Weird.

If your friend used the wrong dtb that you sent, a generic one, the update won’t magically change it to the Ugoos X4 one. It will update the generic dtb he was using.

Looks like docker doesn’t work from june but it will be fixed in next nightly build.

As a workaround this needs to be added in /flash/config.ini file

coreelec='quiet systemd.unified_cgroup_hierarchy=0'
1 Like

Thanks, this made it work! :rose:

1 Like

Yes appreciate that Vasco. When he could not get it going after updating to the latest nightly I sent him my correct NOT generic dtb, Sorry if I did not make that clear.

That is why when I .tar update to a completely new build I make a point of manually changing the dtb.img file and deleting the dtb.xml file which is then auto recreated correctly after boot up. Usually I find it better to fully back up my settings and addons and create a new SD card form scratch then restore my back up unless it is a simple nightly update to my existing nightly update.

Hello, I am on CE20 Alpha3. I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem?
A bug I hadn’t seen before. On some 4k movies I get weird colors.
VIM 4 - A311D2 Soc

isn’t it Dolby Vision by any chance? That’s how it usually works.

it is a “hybrid” video file containing Dolby Vision and HDR10 metadata. On Kodi 19.5 it works. :face_with_monocle:

Can you share a sample file?

Nexus use another ffmpeg version and it might need to be fixed what stream it should pick from the file. It’s a different version of the parser. I think Matrix do not support dv at all.

Please share the sample or a part of it wit what you are able to replicate the issue. And also like5/10 times it happens or not or whatever.

An example of this type of video file (hybrid: HDR10/DV) can be downloaded here:
Forbidden

The problem occurs 10 times out of 10.

Don’t post illegal content. Please research on how to cut a part of the video you have and post the sample.

I suspected that, but I don’t know how to make a sample without risking corrupting the data because of the dynamic metadata (HDR10+ or DV). I only know how to get the entire file.

It should work with dd as example, just output only 100 or 200mb and it should cut the file